Upper Cabinet Layout - Need Advice Please!
I've gone back to the drawing board in terms of my upper cabinet layout ... and I'd love to get your thoughts/suggestions.
I am toying with two options.
Option 1 (the original plan)
- The corner cabs to the left and right of the sink are angled
- To the immediate left of the window is open shelving (the sketch shows wine cubbies, but they would actually be "floating" shelves)
- The cabinet to the immediate right of the window would have a glass door
Are angled cabinets a good use of space? (I thought it would be a good idea to eliminate "blind corners" but now I am wondering if angled cabs might not be as functional.)
- This option has eliminated the angled cabinets in the corners and instead will have blind corners for the cabs on the left and right wall
- The cabinets to the left and right of the window each have a glass door (looks purple in the sketch). One door would be about 18" wide, the other door would be about 22" wide
A 22" door means the glass insert would be about 17" wide (the frame is about 2.5" wide on each side). Is that too wide for a glass insert? Or should I do double glass doors on that cabinet? Would that look odd to have a single glass door on one side and a double on the other?
I hope this all makes sense and I so appreciate your feedback!!! Thank you in advance!