WWYD with this small den?

iheartgiantschnauzerJuly 13, 2013

Hi everyone. I am unable to post an actual picture of the room until we close. But this room has me stumped. Just 2 of us, but we do entertain weekly. Do I just put two sofas across from each other? That seems rather formal for this family room/den when the house has two other formal living rooms.

Ideally, this is a room to snuggle up to watch a movie, read a book by the fireplace and of course Sunday night football or Mach madness tv viewing. I anticipate it beng used a lot by the guys as it is right off the kitchen from the kegerator and serving snack bar... I really want a more relaxed feel but still a room that could hold at least 6 people during Sunday football games... Any suggestions? Thank you for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iheartgiantschnauzer

Ack!! Wrong forum. How do I delete this? Sorry.

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 11:28PM
Barbarav

What about a sectional with one piece along the 13' wall and the other piece facing the fireplace. A square upholstered ottoman (for comfort or extra seating) would fit nicely. Put a sofa table behind the section facing the FP- that will give you a place to drop your keys coming in from the garage. There's plenty of room on the 10' wall for 2 nice sized chairs w/ a table between, and a table beside the sofa by the FP.
My room is similar in size and shape and I have an 8' sq slipcovered sectional that's great b/c we eat in there and the SCs are easy to launder. When do you move in?

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 12:52AM
iheartgiantschnauzer

Thanks for answering . I reposted this on the correct forum. So I'm not sure if it's okay to follow up here, but I appreciate your feedback. 10 days to go!! And I really like your suggestions. I worried about it being too much furniture, but I think it could be cozy and very inviting as you described! I'll definitely be drawing this up and discussing with the hubs. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 1:25AM
lavender_lass

Barbarav- Great idea! I had something similar, but yours is much more detailed :)

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 4:10AM
More Discussions
48 inch WOLF DF Range, Steamer, Wall oven
Hello, I need some advice since these are a huge investment...
hkwan
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Clearance for full overlay doors
I'm finally ready to order the doors and drawer fronts...
weedyacres
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™