Happy Medium b/w Comm. and Home Kitchen Faucet?

sreedesqJuly 7, 2013

I am looking for a kitchen faucet. I would like a single hole, gpm that is 2.2 or higher, solid construction, at a cost of around $500. I am open to a pull down or out, just as long as it has features such a pause, lock, et . I want more power than the water saver faucets offer, but at the same time I think some of the commercial faucets are overkill and since my sink is in front of a bay window I am not thrilled with their size/look and potential for overspray. My sink will be about 37 inches wide.

Do any of you have or know of a faucet that is a good middle ground or can share one that you personally love? Tks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rococogurl

Federal limit for water flow in a kitchen faucet is 2.2 gpm. That info can be found on spec sheets.

There have a large number of faucet threads here with detailed info on quality and dozens of recommendations. The search function is notorious but I think in this instance the body of info available outweighs the faults.

There are at least half a dozen faucets that meet your criteria -- a lot would depend on style, height and the way it operates. having had both, I would definitely go with a pull-down vs a pull out.

Alternately, there are the high-arc sprayer faucets which are not "commercial" but have that style and height with the sprayer lock. With a 36" sink, the scale of a tall faucet can look great.

Some faucets are hybrids with flexible attributes like the much beloved Kohler Karbon. Their new Sensate has a no-touch feature.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 6:56PM
sreedesq

Thanks for your reply. I do want a 2.2 gpm faucet.

I did search before posting the question and it appeared most of the threads I found were older or focused on pricier faucets. Of course though the search feature on here isn't always great :(

I do not like the "coiled" look of the commercial faucets, so I am hoping to find something that is more streamlined with a good spout reach. Tall is fine with me.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 8:08PM
sreedesq

edited for double reply.

This post was edited by sreedesq on Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 22:30

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 10:29PM
attofarad

sreedesq, if you are in California and getting permits, your sink flow rate will be even lower.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 10:32PM
sreedesq

I'm not in CA.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 10:56PM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Removing a load-bearing wall... $10,000!
Omigod. We just got a quote for removing the load-bearing...
ideagirl2
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™