Help w/ paint color for cherry cabinets & Venetian Gold Granite!

kapanianJuly 20, 2011

Hi all! I've seen a few posts on this, but I have a bit more of a specific questino.

My husband and I are buildnig a new townhome and we just picked out the granite and cabinet colors. We went with Venetian Gold for the granite and Legacy Cabinet's "Cabernet" stain, which looks like a cherry. I LOVE the 2 together and have seen lovely pictures of some kitchens on here wiht similar combinations. However, I'm having a really hard time picking the paint from the limited choices we were given. It will go throughout the whole house, but I want it to go really nicely with the kitchen from the get-go. If you go to the link provided, you can see the paint choices we have. I can't decide between: Simply Tan, Shell White and Pale Portabella. I'm worried Simply Tan might be too...tan...and neutral (read: boring), 'm also worried that Pale Portabella might be too dark for the entire house, and I think Shell White might be too light/yellowy.

What do you think? What do you think would make the kitchen look the best?

http://www.mccormickpaints.com/catalog/subdivision/Caruso-Homes-Wilshire-Estates/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dilly_ny

The shell white looks golden. I have this tone of paint with Cherry furniture in my living room and it looks fabulous. I don't know what your granite looks like, so I'm not sure how it would work. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 20, 2011 at 9:54PM
houseful

I've not seen Shell White in person, but if it is slight yellowing, it will look really, really nice. I have the same cab/granite combo in my masterbath. I tried going for the slight yellow, but it didn't turn out quite right.

If you use the Shell White, could you post pics when you are finished?

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 8:15AM
kapanian

I will post pictures when it's all said and done. I still can't decide! I asked the builder if he knew of any model homes with any of the colors on the walls so I can see it in person. It's too hard to choose from just a swatch in a binder! I've attached a link of the approximate granite and cabinet colors if that would help anyone with their opinion! :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 12:58PM
schecht3

Do youhave finished pictures? We are also doing Legacy's Cabernet cabinets

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 10:38AM
More Discussions
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Kitchen/House Reveal - DIY with Scherr's RTA. Better late then never
I have been meaning to post here for years but I really...
toddimt
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Proximity of Sink to pantry wall - how to avoid water damage?
I currently have just enough space for a 12 inch counter/cabinet...
sl4321
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™