Thanks for all of your help! Finished Kitchen Pics

alison0707July 10, 2014

Hi all,

I got so many great ideas from this board I wanted to post the finished pictures of my kitchen renovation project. I really got so many great ideas and resources from searching this board. We love the new kitchen and are thrilled with how it came out!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alison0707

here is another

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:25PM
alison0707

one more

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:27PM
badgergal

That is one super gorgeous, fantastic, awesome , lovely, beautiful etc., etc. kitchen. Don't forget to give us every detail. Any before pictures?

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:29PM
footballmom

Details, please!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:30PM
alison0707

i'll definitely post some before pics. cabinets are custom, shaker - white on perimeter and island and bar area are espresso stain. counters are all quartz. island is frosty carrina (which i love!) and perimeter counters are concrete color quartz. also really love the floors. they are a gray tile by signum with look of wood. my favorite part is that we replaced upper cabinets with three huge windows (middle is 8 ft and two on sides are 6). original kitchen had three smaller windows. most of the appliances are bosch - including double oven with warming drawer, induction stovetop (also love!) and dishwasher. put new panels on our 9 year old sub zero in hopes it will last a bit. pendants over the island are west elm. backsplash is a carrara staggered subway tile of various sizes and bar area is tiled with a crackled white subway. here is a pic of the eating area. table is from room and board. white quartz top and a gray stained leg. thanks!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:44PM
alison0707

one more pic

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:47PM
alison0707

here is a before shot. kitchen was original (with the exception of a few of the appliances) to the home which was built in the early 80s.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:52PM
Errant_gw

Very nice! I love the windows :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 9:53PM
kksmama

Wow, what a beautiful remodel! I love the way you balanced the light and dark materials, the gorgeous backsplash, the wall of glass. Congrats!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:15PM
arkansas_girl

Pretty kitchen before AND after

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:31PM
gr8daygw

Gorgeous! Love your backsplash and everything you have done looks like it has been carefully planned out. It is just beautiful! Love the wall of windows!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:33PM
flwrs_n_co

What a beautiful renovation! I too love the proportion of light to dark; and all the windows are amazing! But the best part is all the room you have and that wall of storage--that's what I dream about. Thanks so much for sharing, and enjoy your new kitchen!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:34PM
alison0707

thanks! We actually loved our before kitchen - was roomy and bright but appliances were breaking down and cabinets coming undone. we would have never considered white cabinets before but after having such a bright kitchen we needed to keep it light and bright. the new windows and straighter lines help make it look and feel even bigger. We are loving it and my boys loving sitting at out new island since the old one was never little boy friendly :)

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:36PM
dreamgarden

Really nice reno. The before pics weren't offensive, but I like how you kept the counters light while darkening the cabinets. Gives it a sleek modern look.

Bigger windows are a real treat. Any plans for bird feeders?!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:40PM
sumnerstuff

So lovely! Love your windows (if you happened to see my reveal last week you know we are kindred spirits!). Your space is just stunning. Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen!

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:41PM
zeitgast

Wow amazing transformation! Great job enjoy

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:43PM
Mags438

Beautiful transformation! Love the windows and how bright space is

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 10:47PM
texasgal47

What's not to love in your new kitchen? It's really breath taking. I especially like that you chose the dark counters with the white cabinets and the textural backspash that so elegantly marries those two colors. But what I'd really like to know is how you manage to do any cooking with those gorgeous views. Best wishes for enjoying this lovely space for many years to come.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 11:10PM
eam44

It's lovely - enjoy it in the best of health! And consider posting it for posterity on the finished kitchens blog. It's inspiring to see such a beautiful space.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 11:16PM
marykh

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing.

Bookmark   July 10, 2014 at 11:28PM
brightm

I'm not always a fan of two different color cabinets. Yours is my favorite I've seen, it looks great! Love the pendants/globes. And it looks like you've not only got beautiful new windows but a great view out them too. Well done!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 12:14AM
edb2n

Looks really great! What a fantastic view! I envy your garden

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 12:23AM
Linda

Beautiful! Very classy. You must love it.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 5:05AM
tinker1121

Wow, wow and double wow! It is magnificent and perfect in every way! You must be in 7th heaven! So modern yet soft and all those windows are just fabulous. Enjoy!!!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 5:43AM
chedanemi

What a beautiful kitchen! Absolutely gorgeous.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 6:18AM
schicksal

Nice job, aided by a great house to start from!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 6:59AM
christina222_gw

Fantastic makeover! All that storage must be wonderful and I love your mix of light and dark.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 7:07AM
greenhaven

I have to say, those windows are also my favorite part! Absolutely beautiful all around!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 8:14AM
homebuyer23

Soo beautiful, I love everything! Especially the windows, your fridge, and the furniture and seating you chose, the clean lines and light/darks go great with the finishes you chose. Congrats!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 2:55PM
lcskaisgir

So, so pretty. Especially LOVE the windows and the backsplash!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 3:32PM
juddgirl2

Beautiful! I love all of the windows! Do you miss your upper cabinets?

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 3:47PM
alison0707

Thanks so much for all of the positive responses.

I truly love my backyard and in the years that we have lived in the house prior to this renovation I have always thought that it would be great to have an unobstructed view from the kitchen (where i spend SO much time!)

The cabinet designer did think I was a bit crazy when I said I didn't want any upper cabinets on the outer wall but we are lucky enough to have a very large kitchen and even without the upper cabinets we have much more storage then we did with the old cabinet. Not sure it is clear from the picture but we still have three upper cabinets - and one of them is huge (fits all my everyday plates, bowls, glasses, etc)! So I don't miss them at all!

I think keeping them clean will be the biggest issue :)

Thanks again all -

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 5:09PM
jaynes123_gw

My build is covered with huge exterior windows, verticals, but I dont have anything close to that gorgeous view of those stunning horizontal picture windows.and the octagon corners make it even more so.

Just wow!, Huge fan of white cab/ black tops but love how you did black cab / white top not just island but that section of cabinets. Its like its own accent wall.

Its touches like these that really make a gorgeous room wonderfully unique, you must be in heaven over it.

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 5:46PM
vdinli

Lovely, Lovely space! So serene and peaceful. Love the windows- Mother Nature provides perfect pop of color. Enjoy!!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 5:51PM
nmjen

What a beautiful space! I love the pendants and the backsplash especially, but it all works together so well, and those windows are fantastic. Congratulations on your gorgeous new kitchen!

Bookmark   July 11, 2014 at 6:49PM
oldbat2be

Lovely, clean, bright, and inviting.... love it!!

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 9:37AM
CEFreeman

Really pretty! Both kitchens.
Not only do I love your windows, (I have HUGE windows everywhere) but I really love that bank of white cabinets. A pantry?

Enjoy! It's beautiful.
Oh - love your pendants!

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 10:35PM
mgmum

Gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially the huge bank of windows!

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 11:25PM
romy718

I especially love the sleek white countertop on your dark island. The windows & view are beyond gorgeous. I'd love a closer look outside those windows? The backsplash is perfect with all your other choices, so hard to do.
Beautiful kitchen-enjoy.
Edit:back for another look. Love the floors. Is the white crackle tile beveled?

This post was edited by romy718 on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 11:50

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 11:22PM
feisty68

Very successful! The new floors really freshen things up. The pendants add interest without being too fussy. What a fantastic space.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 12:22AM
Skyangel23

Love your lovely huge windows. Good for you sticking to your guns about having windows instead of more uppers. It looks so bright and inviting!

Quick question for you, I see your 45 degree angled cabs don't appear to have fillers. My KD made me have 3" fillers on each side of the angle and I hate them and feel they are completely unnecessary. I am going to show her your pictures. Do you have any filler in those angles at all? And can you open your doors and drawers okay? I would really appreciate your experience.

And enjoy that gorgeous kitchen!

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 12:36PM
alison0707

Hi Again,

CEFreeman - yes, the white tall cabinets are pantries. I love them - especially all of the pull out - shelving. The cabinet closest to the far wall is a broom closet which is also great to have in the kitchen.

romy718 - yes - good eyes! The crackled tiles are beveled.

Skyangel23 - So, I'm not sure if this is technically a filler - but the cabinet base is a bit wider at the corners to allow for the cabinets and drawers to open successfully. Don't think they are quite 3 inches and I think the way that my Cabinet company designed and installed (I know it wasn't easy) the additional spacing is really not noticeable. Everything opens easily, obviously drawers and cabinets need to be closed before the adjacent cabinet can be opened but I have not found it to be an issue at all and I appreciate how well the awkward space was used.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 3:30PM
cinjos

What a beautiful space! You could have cardboard boxes and it would be stunning with all those windows! You did a gorgeous job. What a treat to have that wall of pantries. I think I drooled a little on my keyboard...

Enjoy in the best of health!

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 11:10PM
Skyangel23

Alison,
Thank you so much. That looks way less than 3" to me, and your cabinet company did a great job. Enjoy your wonderful kitchen!

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 10:49AM
homeimprovementmom

Great! looks lovely.

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 3:37PM
mays802

One of the nicest kitchens I have seen!

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 6:44PM
lentilpie

With those windows I would be FINDING dishes to wash! I don't think I would ever leave that sink. I am beyond jealous...

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
Walnut cabinets - natural or stain?
I fell in love with walnut for my kitchen cabinets....
zaphod42
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
Looking for a review of TCE Quartz
Looking to put in a Quartz countertop and was quoted...
maremurry
Norcraft vs. Marsh cabinets - is one better?
We have been working with a large local cabinet company....
raleighsharon
Sponsored Products
Boba Fett Portrait Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
$49.99 | zulily
SunStopper Sun Haven 14 x 8-ft. Motorized Retractable Awning - SUNHAV-14X8-MOTOR
Hayneedle
Blue Beer Garden Dining Table
Cost Plus World Market
17-inch Round Slab-reversible Cutting Board
Overstock.com
Wild Horse Thank You Card - Set of 24
$11.99 | zulily
Kichler 340109 12 in. Universal Glass Bowl - White Alabaster Swirl Frosted - 340
$21.12 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™