Am I being unreasonable?
We had a kitchen flood in November. Dealing with a restoration company. We decided on new cabs, ordered them beginning of May. The resto company wanted the $ for the new cabs just before install. I didn't get around to paying them, and then the cabs came, were the wrong sizes, door style and poor quality.
So they put a 2.5 week rush on the cabs. That was 3.5 weeks ago and I still don't have them. Our floor was ripped out for the cab install (a month ago) and we have no uppers, and our lowers are 2 old cabs with plywood 'counter'.
Now the resto company is asking for the whole amount for the cabs.
I said I would have the cheque for the insurance deductible.
Am I being unreasonable wanting to hold off on payment until the cabs are installed, and done perfectly?
While I like the company, and most of them seem to do good work, we also had an issue that required them to remove drywall, fix vapour barrier (that they ripped in many spots and hid), and replace 3 corner beads including patching and painting. Actually, now that I think about it, no work has really been done except patching and painting!
So am I being unreasonable? They want 100% of the cost of the cabs (this is over and above the insurance $, out of our pockets). DH could see if they wanted a portion. We do not have a written understanding as to when they will be paid for the cabs.