wisteria.com quality? coupon code?

funkyartNovember 17, 2012

Has anyone had experience with wisteria.com? How is their furniture quality?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

I've never bought from them but the quality looks good, here's a coupon code site for them.

Here is a link that might be useful: coupons

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 5:40PM
DLM2000

I never bought furniture from them, only smaller decorative items and they ranged from great quality/value to absolute crap that I returned. I'd hesitate to buy anything sizable from them..... an accent table or side chair maybe but probably not a larger investment piece - I want eyes and hands on the piece for that type of purchase.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 7:14PM
laura mcleod

Hi - I bought a caned bench with linen pillows from them about 2 yrs ago - They were discontinuing it so I got a great deal on it - I paid something like $399 for it which was great because I needed a certain size and this worked. The quality was fine - not great. The pillows especially seemed cheap - if I had paid full retail which was something like $1200 I would have been really disappointed. I think Dlm has it right - some good, some not.

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 10:25AM
deedee99

I took a quick look at the site and saw this gum tree and poplar wood frame. Both are considered soft woods. I have never heard of using these for the frame of upholstery. There is not much info about construction of any of the upholstery pieces I looked at either, so you may want to ask a few questions before ordering.

Here's a quick read on furniture construction that may help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Upholstered furniture construction

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 1:22PM
funkyart

Thanks for your responses and experiences. I am looking at a coffee table that is on clearance. It has a glass top so I am not too concerned about the strength of the wood- but I am concerned about the overall quality and look.

I *really* didn't want to spend this much but I've been looking at it off and on for over a year. I would not have paid the full price.. but it was just added to the sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: coffee table

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 6:40PM
Fun2BHere

For almost $1,000 delivered, I think you can find something better locally with less risk. That's a fairly simple frame. A local cabinet maker should be able to make one and then you can buy the glass top.

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 8:34PM
writersblock

Yes, even a good local millwork shop should be able to tat up that base for you, for way less than their price, even on sale.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 9:45AM
funkyart

Jeez.. I never thought of that. What a great solution. I do love the look-- but I'd love it more if it was handmade and with a nicer wood/finish. Now I just need to find a carpenter or mill.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:19PM
Boopadaboo

Ohh I like that table. I have never purchased furniture. I have purchased many (30) clearance Items from them that were accessories and I would say 95% of the items were junky. I got them so cheap I was not too concerned. They lasted a few years in most cases. Overall though, I was surpised at the quality and if I had paid full price would have been outraged!

I don't buy from them anymore. I do get tempted though :)

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
Do you like decor on the coffee table?
This relates back to our 'magazine house' discussion....
selcier
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Have rounded drywall corners, do I do rounded baseboard?
We are redoing the millwork in our 1995 house. We...
akl_vdb
What is this called?
I am trying to search out sectionals that have this...
RoseAbbey
Sponsored Products
Brown Lean-to 5-tier Shelf Unit
Overstock.com
Sunshine Metallic Gray Pleated Drum Shade Wexler Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
12'' Mad Dadder Square Cake Pan
$26.99 | zulily
Brown Wall Display Rack - 9115
$240.99 | Hayneedle
GARDENA Rain Sensor - 1189
$49.99 | Hayneedle