Pics of cream colored cabinets with light brown glaze

mrsandrewsJuly 31, 2008

For those of you who are in the chase for the elusive perfect off white, not too yellow, not too gray, not too pink, etc. here is a pic of my cabs, they are still a bit yellowy looking in certain lights, but Im very happy with them. I'll find out the exact colors my cabinet guy used if you like. I hope the cream cabs don't look weird w/the bright white ceilings.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
simoneb

Your cabinet pic didn't show up :-)

Bookmark   August 3, 2008 at 6:35PM
Jbrig

mrsandrews,

Your cabs look beautiful! I would love to find out what your cab and ESP. glaze colors are! I just had an entertainment center built (it looks great; I'm really excited) and I need to let my guy know what color glaze to do *soon*--like tomorrow :-) My cab was painted in SW Ivoire, and I don't want the glaze to make it any yellower. Right now it reads creamy ivory to slightly yellow (depending on time of day/lighting), and that's fine. Plus, I only want a very light amount of glazing to remain, which is how yours look on my monitor. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Again, it's looking great over at your house. Can't wait to see your finished project!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 1:53AM
rosalita

I can't see your photo.

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 9:01AM
simoneb

Oh, I see them now -- just the original pic was deleted. Beautiful cabinets! We are hoping ours will look like yours in the end :-)

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 9:03AM
rhome410

Very nice. My sister is on that quest, but would need to know paint brand, color name, and the glaze used, if possible. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 1:44PM
mrsandrews

OKThe glaze is wonderful. I love that it is just enough to highlight the details but doesn't look overdone or "dirty". It is from Warehouse paints and it is called Walnut or dark walnut. Be right back, I'll go ask to make sure. HTH!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 4:25PM
rhome410

Thanks so much. (The cabinet maker doesn't know what he used? What if you need something touched up or another piece to match?)

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 6:03PM
rhome410

I saw on the other thread that he custom mixed the color, so that explains why he doesn't have an answer. I still think that could be a problem if you need a touch up, a new door, or want a matching cabinet, though.

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 6:18PM
diydiva40

Love the color. I am using cabinet rescue, and I would like to tint the product before using it. I am searching for this type of color. Any suggestions on how close I can get to it at home depot paint station. What color should I ask for?

Bookmark   September 29, 2008 at 1:12AM
More Discussions
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
Backsplash advice for my grey & white kitchen
My husband and I have finally settled in one place...
al_cabone
rmkitchen or segrbrown are either of you still on this forum?
hello, I have been searching the site for folks who...
ponderosafarm
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Please help me find an eco-friendly black-and-white floor!?
After more years than I care to admit, we are finally...
dawdlinmama
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™