Kitchen Paint

diyguyjrJuly 14, 2013

Ok. Painters are here this week. We have a dilemma.

Cabinets will be painted Vermont Cream or Swiss Coffee (pretty close in color)

However, my wife and I conflict on which color for our walls. She wants Caramel Swirl (brownish) and I want Graham Cracker Crust (orangy/rust color).

She thinks the Caramel matches the couch better and is in the palette of some of the ancillary colors of our green granite.

I like the Graham as I think it matches the slate floor better, will contrast better with the cabinets (will be painted Vermont Cream or Swiss Coffee.). Also mixes in well with the ancillary colors of the granite. Not sure about the couch - guess it's ok-I'm not sure either color works that well with the couch. I also think the Graham Cracker is a little more bold and will not get old.

Attached is a photobucket link to pictures of the colors side by side next to the couch, floor and granite.

http://s199.photobucket.com/user/elfreedman/library/Kitchen?sort=4&page=1

What do you guys think?? Let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diyguyjr

Sorry, I double posted. See my other post. Pics are embedded in the other post here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0718111828956.html?1

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 6:41PM
susanlynn2012

I hope by posting the links so they are clickable, you will get responses. Here is the first link you posted. Attached is a photobucket link to pictures of the colors side by side next to the couch, floor and granite.

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket link to pictures of the colors side by side next to the couch, floor and granite

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 12:07AM
susanlynn2012

Pictures are embedded in this click-able link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures embedded in this clicable link.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 12:12AM
diyguyjr

Hi Linda,

I get the examples, thank you. However, being a bit of a novice at this, what are the keystrokes or commands to actually make a link clickable.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 2:35AM
Sherrie Moore

Personally I would like the Caramel Swirl. The more brown color. The orange color would wear on me.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 7:15AM
Elraes Miller

Caramel Swirl is my pick. But also, perhaps a bit more brick in it. Not the bright brick shown, just a bit more color so not to exactly match the counter. And also closer to your couch colors. A bit more expansion on color options are needed.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 10:39AM
susanlynn2012

diyguyjr, When you reply to an email (think they improved it also and on reviewing the message during a preview there is now a space for the URL Link), there is a space for the Optional Link URL and Name of the Link that will make the Internet Address Click-able so others can easily click it without copying and pasting it to more easily help you in your decision. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 11:06AM
mabeldingeldine_gw

I like the graham cracker crust. It is a fresh look, not a safe neutral, that is pushes the envelope a bit, and has some nice energy. It might be a bit intense for the whole room, though, and I can't say I like either one with the sofa much.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 11:35AM
akl_vdb

I like the caramel swirl, it's softer.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 6:23AM
More Discussions
Looking for stainless steel sink recommendations
Hey GW - I am looking for a single bowl SS sink for...
swatyreno
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Brickton's Finished Kitchen
We started our house in the fall of 2011 and moved...
brickton
xenon light bars for under-cabinet
based on what I saw in the lighting showroom my electrician...
lmgch
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™