Cabinet Gurus - Anyone recognize this?

glitter_and_gunsJuly 21, 2013

I just found the cabinet color that I NEED! It is a great mix between grey and brown, which will solve a world of problems for me. Does this look familiar to anyone? Or have you seen something similar? Is it a stain? or a multi step stain? or a cabinet that I can buy somewhere? I don't even know what color to call it.

Thank you so much for any help in sending me the right direction!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

Omega Riverbed?

On Red Birch

Walnut

Oak

Cherry

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 6:37PM
kksmama

I'm definitely not a guru, but this week I changed the stain for my island and hood. I had chosen a black stain on maple, it was a lovely and beloved weathered gray but entirely too cool for my sapele floors (which are reddish, like cherry and mahogany). So my GC brought over a piece that is warmer, it is labeled TAWS 1887 (expresso) mid-continent. On top there is a cape cod gray glaze, which cools it down further. It looks similar to the walnut posted by greendesigns.
I don't think you have to worry, I'm sure many cabinet lines and any custom manufacturer can get you the right color. Maple is hard and doesn't take stain evenly (like in the picture you posted), I love it, but some people don't.
Here are my white cabs, the gray maple, and granite with my dogs (on my floors).

Here is the new sample shot, sorry the floors and dogs aren't included but you can see the gray vs. the new "expresso" (sic) sample. It looks much better with the floors IRL (but pulls more warmth from the granite, which I didn't necessarily want).

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:42PM
kksmama

Here is a better view of my stained wood, the flash highlights the gray glaze, it isn't actually so intense.

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 9:50PM
mountaineer2

I have stained maple in "Thunder" by KitchenCraft (canada) and they look very similar. Love it.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 12:16AM
More Discussions
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Conestoga essence line or merrilat classic with upgrades
Has anyone worked with the Conestoga essence line cabinets?...
jgHG
Anyone have TCE4005 quartz counters (or any other carrara-lookalike)?
Hi there, I'm still in the process of trying to pick...
Melissa Silva
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™