Gas Range Installation Check List
When an appliance is delivered, there is a lot to do and it is hard to remember everything.
Here is a compilation of suggestions from this forum and the Appliances Forum on what to have installers check when installing a gas range.
Before the installers leave, have them
1. dim lights, turn up the burners and check for flame color--nearly all blue and very little orange.
2. turn down the top burners and check for simmer and no click.
3. evaluate the burner & oven knobs. Do they turn to full on and off easily?
4. turn on all oven and broiler burners to be sure they ignite and also do not burn too orange.
5. check each burner grate and the overall range with a long level--front to back and side to side and diagonally.
6. make sure drip trays and oven shelves pull out easily.
7. carefully check oven door alignment and closure.
8. after turning on all top burners, turn them off, run the exhaust fan on high, and smell for gas.
Any additional suggestions or changes will be appreciated.