Clark 32" Undermount 18 gauge T304 Sink from Costco: Only $170?

mkoplmnJuly 31, 2014

Is anyone familiar with this sink?

It's on sale for only $170. I wonder if I should return the Kraus that I just ordered...

http://www.costco.com/Clark�-Stainless-Steel-Extra-Large-Single-Bowl-Sink.product.100104017.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

mkoplmn:

The Kraus is 16 gauge instead of the Clark's 18 and they're both 304 stainless. You get what you pay for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 6:02PM
suzanne_sl

That's an excellent price and Consumer Reports says that 18 gauge is just fine, but.... Considering how long a sink is going to stay installed, I'd rather have the 16 gauge. The Kraus sinks generally come with a grid in the bottom too, which I love. If I were making this decision today, I'd still pay the extra for the Kraus - this from someone who did not go high-end on appliances, pretty much plain jane.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 10:02PM
NWRain-Gal

We chose the Kraus KBU14 31inch undermount sink for our kitchen remodel. We had it installed in October of 2013. So far I am VERY happy with my choice.

The 16 gauge is sturdy, quiet, easy to maintain. I especially like that it came with a custom fit stainless steel grid for the bottom, that has protected the sink very well from any dish or cutlery mishap. I love it, perfect size and depth. You can wash just about anything in it! I really can't say anything negative about it.

My Mother has the Kraus KBU12 in her kitchen since 2012 and she loves it.

I bought mine from Amazon in September 2013 for $351. (at the time that was a good price) Now it is even more reasonably priced.

I would spend the extra money and go for the Kraus. Down the road you'll be happy you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KBU14 on Amazon

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 4:40AM
NWRain-Gal

We chose the Kraus KBU14 31inch undermount sink for our kitchen remodel. We had it installed in October of 2013. So far I am VERY happy with my choice.

The 16 gauge is sturdy, quiet, easy to maintain. I especially like that it came with a custom fit stainless steel grid for the bottom, that has protected the sink very well from any dish or cutlery mishap. I love it, perfect size and depth. You can wash just about anything in it! I really can't say anything negative about it.

My Mother has the Kraus KBU12 in her kitchen since 2012 and she loves it.

I bought mine from Amazon in September 2013 for $351. (at the time that was a good price) Now it is even more reasonably priced.

I would spend the extra money and go for the Kraus. Down the road you'll be happy you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KBU14 on Amazon

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 4:41AM
nosoccermom

See thread below, including discussion of chromium/nickel

Here is a link that might be useful: 16 vs 18 gauge

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Ikea Maximera drawers depth?
Has anyone taken the time to measure the depth of the...
richbeau
Undermount sink keeps separating from granite
We recently had granite installed in our kitchen and...
stnjan
Specific stacked upper cab questions
I'm looking for input as I get closer to finalizing...
melis918
OT - Any Walking Dead Fans..?
Very much looking forward to tonight's episode..:)
oldbat2be
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™