Clark 32" Undermount 18 gauge T304 Sink from Costco: Only $170?

mkoplmnJuly 31, 2014

Is anyone familiar with this sink?

It's on sale for only $170. I wonder if I should return the Kraus that I just ordered...

http://www.costco.com/Clark�-Stainless-Steel-Extra-Large-Single-Bowl-Sink.product.100104017.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Trebruchet

mkoplmn:

The Kraus is 16 gauge instead of the Clark's 18 and they're both 304 stainless. You get what you pay for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 6:02PM
suzanne_sl

That's an excellent price and Consumer Reports says that 18 gauge is just fine, but.... Considering how long a sink is going to stay installed, I'd rather have the 16 gauge. The Kraus sinks generally come with a grid in the bottom too, which I love. If I were making this decision today, I'd still pay the extra for the Kraus - this from someone who did not go high-end on appliances, pretty much plain jane.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 10:02PM
NWRain-Gal

We chose the Kraus KBU14 31inch undermount sink for our kitchen remodel. We had it installed in October of 2013. So far I am VERY happy with my choice.

The 16 gauge is sturdy, quiet, easy to maintain. I especially like that it came with a custom fit stainless steel grid for the bottom, that has protected the sink very well from any dish or cutlery mishap. I love it, perfect size and depth. You can wash just about anything in it! I really can't say anything negative about it.

My Mother has the Kraus KBU12 in her kitchen since 2012 and she loves it.

I bought mine from Amazon in September 2013 for $351. (at the time that was a good price) Now it is even more reasonably priced.

I would spend the extra money and go for the Kraus. Down the road you'll be happy you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KBU14 on Amazon

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 4:40AM
NWRain-Gal

We chose the Kraus KBU14 31inch undermount sink for our kitchen remodel. We had it installed in October of 2013. So far I am VERY happy with my choice.

The 16 gauge is sturdy, quiet, easy to maintain. I especially like that it came with a custom fit stainless steel grid for the bottom, that has protected the sink very well from any dish or cutlery mishap. I love it, perfect size and depth. You can wash just about anything in it! I really can't say anything negative about it.

My Mother has the Kraus KBU12 in her kitchen since 2012 and she loves it.

I bought mine from Amazon in September 2013 for $351. (at the time that was a good price) Now it is even more reasonably priced.

I would spend the extra money and go for the Kraus. Down the road you'll be happy you did.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kraus KBU14 on Amazon

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 4:41AM
nosoccermom

See thread below, including discussion of chromium/nickel

Here is a link that might be useful: 16 vs 18 gauge

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Induction cooktop > no slow cooker?
Can the low settings, timer and a good pot replace...
anniel58
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™