Please tell me what this countertop edge is called

boone_2009July 14, 2013

It looks like an ogee but not entirely; I love it and would like to have the same edge on my countertop but no one seems to be able to give it a name, saying it 'looks like and ogee, but also like a kind of double radius..' etc.!

I especially like the corners.

This was photographed at a local kitchen shop with the owner's permission to take the picture - I just hope it's okay to *publish* it here ( if not, I'll remove it at once).


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Oops...looks like the picture is not displayed...maybe that's a message to me!!!!!

Sorry about that... I took it on my cellphone and am not too computer savvy.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 3:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here's a selection of edge styles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone counter top edge profiles

    Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 5:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Wow, thanks for that link, sombreuil mongrel. I have some other links for edges but this one is so comprehensive and has edge diagrams that I haven't seen before. Now I am trying to match "my" edge to one of the pics under "laminated edges". Thanks again! I'll try to post the pic again if I can.

    Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 10:06PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
Kitchen cracking in back panels
We had brand new white shaker cabinets installed in...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™