AVG problems???

lavender_lassJuly 7, 2013

Am I the only one getting 'threats blocked' on my AVG, when I try to use Gardenweb? It did this some time ago, usually when they change the ad format. Just checking...I had to use my husband's laptop to even post this...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dodge59

I used both the free ones, AVG and Avast.

As time went on, both programs became more and more "Intrusive" even to the point of blocking connections between my various computers so I finally gave up on them and paid for Norton. I've had no problems since!

Gary

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 3:10PM
rococogurl

ditto what gary said. Also, my Norton subscription covers up to 3 computers so that helps if there are others in the family.

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 3:17PM
weissman

Wow, I dropped Norton several years ago when it started taking up 100% of my CPU and they couldn't find a solution. When I removed Norton from the computer, seemingly unrelated problems that I'd had for years went away. I'd never put Norton on my computer again. I've used free Avast ever since and have had no problems.

Bookmark   July 7, 2013 at 4:32PM
More Discussions
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
New Vicostone/Pental Quartz Calacatta Borghini?
Has anyone seen the new Vicostone/Pental quartz Calacatta...
nadianyc
Silestone Lagoon... Which one is the real deal????
I am experiencing the typical paralysis by analysis...
Anna Pensgen
Mixing finishes
Appliances are white with brushed stainless handles...
oasisowner
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™