Which color pulls?

Kathy RiveraJuly 22, 2013

I'm trying to decide on pull color. It will either be ORB or "brushed nickel" (meaning - something silvery and pretty matte,not ness. nickel). I picked up two super cheapies at HD to compare. The problem of course - I like the ORB on the stained cabs and the metal on the painted. I think I don't like the ORB on the cream cabs b/c it sticks out too much. I had originally planned on all pulls, but now wonder if I should do ORB b/c I think I prefer it more, but do knobs on the painted uppers? OR, maybe I'm preferring the ORB b/c it's more traditional than the silver one I got and I'm actually being drawn to the style and not the color?

So, any thoughts for me? I'll go with a stainless/brushed metal faucet either way and a stainless sink. I also have stainless appliances if that factors in your opinions at all. And below is a picture of what likely will be my counter (going tomorrow to confirm!).

Lastly, the bronzish one is what's on my cabs right now. I like the tone, actually, but the bronze ones I find are all out of the cheap range I'm looking to stay in for pulls (already way over budget...) So bronze is out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

Your stained cabs are a lot like mine, and I have similar ORB pulls on the drawers and round knobs on the doors. Mine are from Berenson, from the Adagio collection, and I've attached the link. I do think ORB knobs might work on the painted doors.

Alternatively, is it possible to use the bronze ones from your existing cabs and just get more if you need them?

Here is a link that might be useful: Berenson ORB hardware

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 5:10PM
jellytoast

IMHO, the pull on the left looks the best with both the painted and stained finishes. I agree you should try a sample of a more traditional pull in the nickel finish to get a better idea.

Top Knobs has a finish called "antique pewter" that might work well with your combo of painted and stained cabinets ... it's really pretty ... silvery, but not too bright. You can order a sample on their website for $5.00.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 5:35PM
a2gemini

I agree with Jellytoast - I like the one on the left but also think the one she suggested would look great.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Countertop Geology, Part Six. Let's talk about rocks some more!
This is round six of the Great Rocks Thread! Please...
karin_mt
I think my quartz sample is trying to drive me crazy
We had settled on PentalQuartz Carrara for the island...
lisa_a
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
Fridge against wall
I'm looking at a plan and the refrigerator is placed...
tammyte
Cherry and White Granite Kitchen Reveal - Lots of Photos!
First of all- this is a thank you post to the Gardenweb...
jenibufford
Sponsored Products
Emerson 3-pc Outdoor Sofa Set, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
VIG Furniture - Divani Casa Orchid - Contemporary Leather...
Great Furniture Deal
VIGO Corrosion-Resistant Stainless-Steel Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet with Deck
Overstock.com
Lapa Ceiling Fan with Optional Light by Modern Fan Company
$360.00 | Lumens
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Design House Millbridge 52 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fa
Home Depot
Top Knobs - Griggs Pull 3 Inch CC - Brushed Bronze - M1706
$4.77 | PlumbTile
Sumak Blue and Beige Rectangular: 8 Ft. x 10 Ft. Rug
$960.95 | Bellacor
Dale Tiffany Strada Crystal Two-Light Table Lamp
$329.99 | LuxeDecor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™