Mixing Metals in the Kitchen

famosevenJuly 29, 2014

We are buying a spec house from a builder and he is not willing to change many things (even though they have not been completed yet). Our kitchen will be white cabinetry, Carrara Marble counter, stainless appliances, and two stainless sink.

The builder seems open to let me selecting the kitchen faucets and knobs though. I have fallen in love with the unlaquered brass or antique brass bridge faucets. If I went with that as a faucet, what type of knobs would you suggest using for the kitchen cabinets and pulls for the drawers? Or, should I not use an brass finished faucet with a stainless sink?

I love mixing metals, just not sure if it would look okay in this situation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
my_four_sons

I think a brass faucet looks fine with a stainless sink. However if you're using brass, Ithink you have to pick it up elsewhere in the kitchen. The hardware is my preference, or in pendants or both.

GL, I love brass bridge faucets.

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 5:30PM
Kiwigem

The sky's the limit with mixing metals these days. I think adding one more finish into the environment would actually be advisable as design choices (at least for accessories like that) seem more purposeful when done in odd numbers. What do they call it? The rule of three, I think? For jokes, for flower bushes, whatever- it always works.

Check out Lauren Liess's kitchen on her blog. Lots of metals and it's great.

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 5:34PM
browneyes776

I would check into having unlacquered finishes on marble. I recall one GW member, three apples I think, who had issues with the metal and stone together.

As for mixing finishes I think it will be beautiful. I have stainless/satin nickel for all my functional pieces and polished nickel for all my fancy bits like cup pulls and lights. I think it looks nice.

Bookmark   July 29, 2014 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™