Blue is the Night granite - anyone have it? vs. Black galaxy.

treysarJuly 27, 2009

Contemplating this granite but it is a hefty $74/sq ft. Does anyone have it? I love the blue flecks, but the black galaxy was $10/sq ft cheaper. Not sure if the difference is big enough to matter... Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedee-2008

I use a remnant of it for a bathroom vanity (the store called it "Blue Polare". I loved it so much that when I wanted to renovate two other bathrooms, I searched at least 15 other granite companies. Only one had even a full slab to look at, but no remnants. Most of the salespeople said it was quite rare, thus so costly. If I had LOTS of money, I would definitely put it in my kitchen and other areas. I did find a remnant of Blue Volga for one bath....it has those beautiful irridescent blue-green pieces in it, much like Blue in the Night has the blue. I just think there is just no comparison between the appearance of Blue in the Night and black galaxy, IMHO

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 4:20PM
nhbaskets

We just remodeled our kitchen and installed Blue in the Night. I absolutely love it! The blue flecks just pop right out depending on the lighting and angle. I'm a blue person so this was the perfect compromise to having something else that would be more in your face blue. From a distance, it reads black, but when you're on top of it, it really pops. We chose an antiqued finish, which I'm extremely happy with. We also installed it in our half bath on the same floor along with a blue glass vessel sink. Love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow of kitchen remodel

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 5:28PM
sanjuangirl

I just googled Blue in the Night granite and it is spectacular! Perhaps you could use it on the island if its too pricey for the entire kitchen. It's too pretty not to use! Good luck,

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Unsealed leathered Virginia Mist?
My Virginia Mist/Jet Mist counters are installed and...
juliedrew
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Silgranit vs. Kohler cast iron Smart Divide
I have always thought I would get a Silgranit sink....
kelleg69
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™