Your opinion please on my granite I

mjoceanJuly 30, 2012

Hi,

Please send me your opinion of my granite choice. I will send a second message showing the granite with my cabinet door. The granite has two names - Sucuri Brown and Juparama Beach.

I am looking for a sandy beach effect. I look forward to your comments!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

YES

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 2:56PM
glo1751

I like it. Very pretty and lots of movement. What color are the cabinets?

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 3:56PM
april_love

I like the granite as well but I also want to know what the other finishes will be.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 4:01PM
mjocean

Hi April,
Shaker cabinets with natural cherry finish. I have posted another picture with the cabinet door below. The slab looks much greener in the photo than actual.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 4:05PM
francoise47

Beautiful slab of granite. Looks great with your cabinet.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 4:08PM
christine40

I looked at and considers sucuri as well---loved it! Your slab is beautiful and most likely a bit more brown in person right?? I love it with your cabs!

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 4:15PM
marcolo

Looks sickly. And way too dark to offer a sandy beach effect.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 6:29PM
glo1751

I like it. Very pretty and lots of movement. What color are the cabinets?

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 6:48PM
jterrilynn

I like the granite and think it would look pretty with cabinets in a diftwood finish for a beachy look.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 7:10PM
a2gemini

Pretty!
Love it!!
Now for the backsplash!

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 8:02PM
cat_mom

I like it and it looks great with your cab sample!

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 9:14PM
modern_mom35

Gorgeous!

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 10:15PM
remodelfla

LOVE the movement in the stone and just like it with your cabs. I don't know if the combination maximizes the beauty of either finish.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 10:34PM
jterrilynn

Have you ever thought about a driftwood finish on some lower cabs or island and maybe some painted in a light-ish taupe-y-ish tone? I really like the granite but I'm not feeling beach. I'm not suggesting "Martha" cabs but have you ever looked at some of the light taupe cabinet displays? There are some nice colors for inspiration.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 10:43PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Pretty but so green as to not bring "sandy beach" to mind. You say it's not as green in RL, but the fact that the green is coming through in the picture gives me pause.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 11:29PM
andreak100

In the first photo, I thought that the color balance was off in your camera and what was appearing to be very green was really just a camera issue. But, looking at your door with it, it appears less so a color balance issue.

You're definitely pulling a lot of green - I don't know if it's a characteristic of that particular slab or if it's a characteristic of that stone.

Love the movement and flow with the slab - I think it's very pretty, but with the amount of green undertones that are pulling forward and the overall darkness , I don't really think "sandy beach".

But here's the thing, do YOU love it? If you do and it's not so much reading "beach", is it worth changing around your vision of what you were after?

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 8:01AM
mtnfever

On my monitor, the slab looks gray or taupe except the upper right corner looks greenish. So maybe my monitor colors are off if everyone else is seeing green? In any case, I think it looks like the beach where the waves are washing up so the sand is wet, much darker than dry sand, and the waves have left ripples in the sand as well. So, to me it looks like what you're intending.

I'm not sure about that slab with your cab color but I'm not very good at those sorts of color combos. I think jterrilynn has a good idea about the cabs or island in a driftwood or taupe-y-ish color.

Can you take any friends to see the color IRL to see what they think?

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 11:57AM
Linelle

Not sure it looks like a sandy beach, but it's really pretty anyway. It's a little more like the part of the sand where the tide washes and creates its patterns. Personally, I love green, esp. the subtler shades, and if this looks good to you, what does it matter if it looks like a sandy beach or not? Make up something else it more closely resembles. :)

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 12:24PM
mjocean

Hi,

I should have been more specific, I am going after a beach at low tide effect as seen by mtnfever and linelle. I would like to continue to get your comments about the cabinet/granite combination.

I really appreciate all the advice and comments.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 1:47PM
Linelle

mjocean, the more I look at it, the more it looks like what you're after. I think it's a gorgeous color and love the effect of the tide having just receded and left beautiful patterns.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 1:51PM
aktillery9

I think it is fabulous!!!! Very warm and super interesting.

Great find!!!

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 1:59PM
wolfgang80

It's a fine piece of granite, but I'm in the group that does not see or think sandy beach. Unfortunately, when it's on a horizontal plane and your natural cherry cabinets become the dominant visual feature in the kitchen, it will look even less beachy and more woodsy.

Bookmark   July 31, 2012 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Faucet for kitchen remodel
I am having trouble finding the right faucet to go...
kathy6421
Help! Removing stains on granite
I am hoping that somebody here can help with this because...
kellienoelle
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™