Sink under window

kodak1July 2, 2010

I'm in the final planning stages of my new kitchen. Right now, the sink is drawn in the corner near the window. If I center the sink in a 30" cabinet under the window, I end up with two 9" cabinets. If the sink is not centered, I end up with an 18" cabinet, which is more useful. Does anyone have an off centered sink under their window? If so, can I see some pictures. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
portland_renovation

My sink is under the window and is slightly offset from center. It is a double bowl sink, and we centered the left (larger) bowl, so that the entire thing is a bit off center. It's very subtle... not sure if you can tell much from this picture.

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 3:18PM
Circus Peanut

Mine is also off-center because of cabinetry constraints, and while you'd think it'd be glaring, nobody's ever remarked on it. I thought it would bug me like crazy, but I've wound up really liking the non-planned-to-death aspect of it. ;-) I did try to balance things out a tad by centering the large faucet with the window:

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 9:10PM
svs128

I had a similar problem with my sink and window. I have a tad of OCD so I knew the sink and faucet need to be centered. We had quite a few 9'' options with Thomasville and finally decided on a 9'' pantry pullout and a 9'' cookie sheet organizer. I think both will be useful.

Sorry - no pictures yet. Cabinets should be in on August 1st!

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 7:52AM
More Discussions
What Is The Real Question Being Asked To 'What is Timeless'
I see this question so often on this forum, and I wish...
aloha2009
thoughts about Grabill and/ or Superior Woodcraft kitchen cabinets
Hi, everyone. Does anyone here have experience with...
katherine10583
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
the cabinets are coming, the cabinets are coming...
some may recall the debacle with our cabinets. delivery...
lmgch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™