Outer corners and glass & stone tile backsplash

rivkadrJuly 8, 2013

We're going to be installing a glass & stone tile backsplash soon in our kitchen, and we have an outer corner that we need to wrap the tile around.

We are hoping to use a tile like this:

http://www.flooranddecoroutlets.com/buenos-aires-glass---stone-mix-tile-8mm-random.html

We're a bit stymied on what to do with the outer corner edge, though. Snipping the tile will end up leaving a weird rough edge on one of the sides. What are our options?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
badgergal

Edging for glass tile was just discussed recently. There are examples posted on the link below. There are other past threads about this too if you do a google search. Hope this helps

Here is a link that might be useful: trim for glass mosaic tile

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 9:53PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Start at the corner and work your way back each way. Your link didn't work for me. We have glass and stone mosaic 5/8" squares. Sometimes you can fudge those last few pieces just a bit (cut the mesh) and narrow or widen the grout lines in minuscule amounts to have things come out even. If not, the cut end butts into the wall or inside corner. Hmmmm, unless you have staggered tile, then you need to look at Schluter metal edges to cover those cuts.

-Babka

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 9:54PM
attofarad

Schulter edge. Comes in a few designs, and many finishes. I used stainless in my kitchen, brushed nickel in one bathroom, and white in another.

See photo towards the end of the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Backsplash edged by Schluter.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 10:21PM
More Discussions
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™