outlet covers for a glass tile backsplash?

sydmad2010July 1, 2010

If you used a glass tile backsplash, what material outlet covers did you use? do they make glass outlet covers?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cat_mom

Arnev.com makes beveled clear glass switchplates, or they used to. They are larger than some of the others (I think). I spray painted the one I'd purchased as my "sample" with white paint (Krylon?). Turned out nicely, but the finished switchplate had a much greener hue than the tile and we didn't like how it looked against our backsplash. We stuck with the switchplates included with the Lutron Architect receptacles.

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 2:50PM
stei7141

We ordered glass outlet covers to match our glass tile backsplash from a company I found on-line. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend that company--we had many problems with the order. All they did was paint the back of clear glass outlet covers to match the tile sample I sent them. I will say that while I was not happy with the customer service from that company, I am fairly happy with the finished products. If I had to do it over, I would get clear glass outlet covers myself and go to a craft store to find paint to match. That approach would be cheaper, and the quality of the finished product would be better than the covers we ended up with. Good luck.

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 3:19PM
gsciencechick

Have stainless switchplates over the blue glass mosaic tiles.

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 4:44PM
brittu

What about doing outlet strips that mount up under your cabinets? That's what we plan to do. Then the only cuts in our backsplash is the light switch.

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 8:05PM
sydmad2010

brittu - how difficult is that to do? do you just cover up the old oulets under the new backsplash?

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 8:36PM
paintergirl94

You cannot cover up old outlets!! You can move them, never cover them. Code differs from state to state, but I'm fairly certain that one is universal. Please check that out.

Bookmark   July 1, 2010 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™