Pictures of Silestone Helix?

miablueiiiJuly 31, 2014

Hi everyone,

Newbie here, after stalking virtually every post I could find about marble and marble alternatives. I am pretty much set on carrara but came across Silestone Helix (at HD) and it looked decent. I'm not a fan at all of Lyra, but this looks like the veining would look less artificial. Plus it looks whiter than Lagoon. But I'm having a heck of a time trying to find pictures of it!

Anyone who has pictures of it installed would be wonderful, or just any good pics or posts you guys can point me to would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hippy

Google or Yahoo search Silestone Helix.

Then click Images to see if you can find what you are looking for.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 1:05AM
miablueiii

I know how to use the internet...Most of what comes up is either Lagoon or Lyra. I'm not sure if Helix is newer or just less popular, but I'm hoping someone can share more "real life" pics if they have it installed.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 9:41AM
Dawalli

I'm in the same boat as you miableuiii. The pictures of Helix on the internet aren't that great and I would love to see some 'real life' pictures. I've called some showrooms and no one seems to have Silestone where I live.

I think it is their newest color so that may be why there's not much out there.

FWIW, I took my Silestone samples and placed them on top of my friend's Carrara marble table and Lyra matched the coloring of marble the closest. But when I look at pictures of full slab Lyra, I think it doesn't resemble marble very much in the patterns. I feel like Helix has more depth and is more interesting but it's hard to make a decision when you haven't seen a big slab.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 4:44PM
ronniepuddle

Hey all, I am trying to see Helix installed. Any luck?

Bookmark   December 4, 2014 at 6:15PM

Can't help you with Helix installed, but I snapped a photo of a slab of Sueded Helix back in October.

Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 1:49AM
ainelane

Great photo AvatarWalt, I'm so glad you shared it. What was your opinion of it when you saw the slab in real life?

It appears the helix has more of a creamy background? I have been leaning more towards a whiter background. I have to say that the overall pattern looks quite nice.

Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 2:24AM
Aoife2014

Hi all I had Silestone Helix installed in my new house only a few weeks ago if you would like some photos email me on s_mcc23@yahoo.ie I have white units and its a great contrast as I wanted something a bit more veined than lagoon which seems to look just like light grey from afar. I wanted something that would stand out.Visitors all think its marble and think it looks fab so pleased with choice.

Bookmark   December 5, 2014 at 10:02AM

Unfortunately, AineLane, I don't remember much about the background color, but I did think the slab was nice enough to photograph. I went to look at the large-scale porcelain, but the sample of Dekton marble-look didn't excite me. I liked Helix better than Lyra and Lagoon, as the pattern was bolder and appeared more random/natural. I too would love to see some photos of it installed!

Bookmark   December 6, 2014 at 2:28AM
ronniepuddle

New silestone colors:

BLANCO ORION
CALYPSO
PHOENIX
ARIEL

I am hoping to see them next week.

Bookmark   December 6, 2014 at 8:31AM
ronniepuddle

http://www.silestoneusa.com/colors/color/blanco-orion/

The above link has all the colors and full slab photos.
I am loving Blanco Orion.

Here is a link that might be useful: silestone

Bookmark   December 6, 2014 at 9:19AM
ainelane

Ronniepuddle - If you do go see them in person, please post some pics for all of us who are in the marble alternative camp!

Aoife2014 - Great to hear you're happy with the Helix. Would you mind posting some pics here?

Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 1:44PM
Aoife2014

Hi there my camera is poor resolution so tried some but blurred so not so keen! Look at Birmingham Parade Roll of Homes 2014 Ideal Home as helix installed in kitchen and I took my inspiration from this as I think it looks stunning and if good enough for this home good enough for mine!

Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 2:37PM
ainelane

Here is the picture from the show home that Aoife was referring to above. As far as I can tell, this is Silestone Helix.
It seems as though Silestone has been coming out with some really interesting options and the Helix definitely looks like it's worth trying to find a slab in person. Although I still love the look of the Neolith so much! Wish it was a more feasible option for me.

Bookmark   December 7, 2014 at 7:54PM
suecoyne

Just ordered 70sq ft of the the new Blanco Orion this past Friday and should have it installed on our kitchen island and countertops by Christmas! I will definitely post pics - loved the slabs I saw at the Cosentino Center in Canton, MA this past week.

Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 6:22PM
rantontoo

Scoyne999:

Can you describe the background color of the slab you saw? Did you see grays and beiges in the veining? Is one color of veining more prominent?

All the quartz marble look samples have been too white/light for my tile with grays, blue grays, beiges, and golds.

Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 11:54PM
suecoyne

Hi Ranton, I saw lots of white in the background, not a lot of beige. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Bookmark   December 25, 2014 at 8:16PM
catkin

Love the Helix! What type(s) of backsplash would one use?

Bookmark   January 2, 2015 at 12:41AM
Aoife2014

I think a white backsplash is lovely with it or extend the helix as a backsplash

Bookmark   January 13, 2015 at 2:38PM
ssnewbiegw

My Home depot referred me to the company they source the silestone from in our area. So I got to look at the full slab and I am so glad I did. I thought I had found the perfect quartz looking at the small samples 3 times, and once I saw the full slab I did not like them at all. It would be worth driving to wherever you can see a full slab. The Helix had a whitish background, but somehow seemed a little "grainy" to me, and the contrast between the background and the dark grey veining looked a little busy to my eye. After seeing the slabs I actually preferred the lagoon, which read a little more soft grey, but looked overall more natural in large slabs. What we ended up with (cream, with light grey, dark grey and a hint of taupe) is LG Hausys Rococo. To me it had the most depth, and natural appearance, Nothing will be as pretty as a natural stone, but stone would have lasted 1 day in my house before it was stained/etched. etc....It is a big purchase, make sure you can see a big piece of whatever you choose, before you make the final decision. I looked at tons of pics online, they are not even close to what things look like for real....

Bookmark   January 15, 2015 at 2:01PM
Mial11

I recently ordered Silestone Helix for my kitchen renovation and disagree with ssnewbie about it being less natural than Lagoon. Helix is beautiful as it has deep veins and looks very natural to me. It was chosen by Matthew Quinn for the 2014 Kips Bay Designer Show House. The kitchen installer that I have instructed says that the Helix is very similar to Statuary Marble. Apparently it is becoming a very popular choice for designer kitchens as people now want more pronounced marble alternatives. I also saw a large slab of Lagoon but to me it was quite boring and to me would not stand out with a white kitchen and I agree with Aoife2014 that from afar it just looks like light grey. When I am spending so much money I want something to be right. See the recent image from Pin Interest with Helix as fireplace.

Bookmark   January 16, 2015 at 5:36AM
Mial11

I recently ordered Silestone Helix for my kitchen renovation and disagree with ssnewbie about it being less natural than Lagoon. Helix is beautiful as it has deep veins and looks very natural to me. It was chosen by Matthew Quinn for the 2014 Kips Bay Designer Show House. The kitchen installer that I have instructed says that the Helix is very similar to Statuary Marble. Apparently it is becoming a very popular choice for designer kitchens as people now want more pronounced marble alternatives. I also saw a large slab of Lagoon but to me it was quite boring and to me would not stand out with a white kitchen and I agree with Aoife2014 that from afar it just looks like light grey. When I am spending so much money I want something to be right. See the recent image from Pin Interest with Helix as fireplace.

Bookmark   January 16, 2015 at 5:37AM
itsterryberry

Scoyne999:

Hi there! I just wanted to follow up to see if you might be able to post some pics of your Blanco Orion. I've been researching marble alternatives like crazy and haven't been able to see any real pictures of silestone's new color and I'm dying to see yours! I need to make a decision in the next couple weeks so hopefully you'll be able to share by then. Thanks so much!!

Bookmark   January 19, 2015 at 12:00AM
ssnewbiegw

My comments were in no way meant to offend anyone who likes helix. My main point is that you can get 100 opinions and look at 1 million pics online. There is NO substitute for looking at a large slab yourself. Because what one person loves may not be what you love, and I found the small showroom samples misleading.

Bookmark   January 23, 2015 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Honed Vermont Danby marble countertop owners... Love it or leave it???
I am hoping to understand people's experience who have...
Pippin
How high above countertop is the bottom of cabinets?
in a sink area? I have 18 inches above regular countertop...
Annette Holbrook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™