Durable, Stylish, AND Cheap? Faucets, sink for a Rental...

mkoplmnJuly 31, 2014

I'm looking for a nice and inexpensive faucet for a rental property. Any recommendations on something that will last for at least several years?

For the sink, I want a single SS undermount. I'm thinking of getting a Kraus because they seem to get great reviews. At around $300, a little more than I wanted to spend, but reviewers seem to think that the 16 gauge T304 steel that Kraus uses is more durable than other brands.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

I've had good luck with the mid-range lever-handle Kohler and Proce Pfister from big box stores.

TIP: Do not install a single-hole faucet. They are easy to pull over and can even bend the sink. Get the kind with a broad base plate.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 1:56PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Anything Delta. Plumbers love Delta.

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 8:03PM
Kippy

For our rentals we use moen and top mount sinks since they are easier to replace as needed. If you are paying for the water, go with a smaller bowl.

We skip the sprays as they are more likely to leak and can be hard to find the matching parts years later. Besides, I really don't want a tenants kids to have a water fight with one anyway. :)

Bookmark   July 31, 2014 at 9:26PM
Trebruchet

"TIP: Do not install a single-hole faucet. They are easy to pull over and can even bend the sink. Get the kind with a broad base plate."

There are "new" single hole faucets and there are "replacement" faucets. Some "new" faucets come with an escutcheon plate which cover existing holes in the sink/top. I can't imagine this escutcheon plate adding much structural strength.

If you've got tenants bending the sinks, your problem isn't plumbing fixtures.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 7:22AM
More Discussions
High backsplash install quote
My contractor just gave us a quote of $2,200 to install...
leemiller
Cabinet installation cost (not including cabinets themselves)
We are remodeling our kitchen (complete gut and changing...
schiari211
Faux marble countertops II
Here's the link to original post, but it's kind of...
lavender_lass
Kitchen/House Reveal - DIY with Scherr's RTA. Better late then never
I have been meaning to post here for years but I really...
toddimt
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™