sea pearl that looks like this?

zkgardnerJuly 8, 2014

Houzz has this listed as sea pearl, is that what you all would call it? I haven't seen any sea pearl in person that looks this great. I love it and now I can't find one that looks just like this, have any of you? Or maybe I should look under a different name?

Thank you!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandmamaloy

Unfortunately, since granite is a naturally-occurring substance, you are going to have wide variations. I would take this picture along with you to various suppliers to see if you can find something similar. I agree...it is gorgeous!I came closest by searching BLUE SEA PEARL GRANITE, but still didn't find an exact match. Have you tried contacting HOUZZ to find out who their supplier is? I've also seen it advertised as quartzite. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 1:37PM
zkgardner

Good ideas, I'll do that. I have not contacted houzz, you guys here are so knowledgeable and quick to reply I thought I'd check here first. Thank you!

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 1:50PM
sprtphntc

OMG, that is gorgeous!!!
hope u find it, keep us posted!!!

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 2:08PM
live_wire_oak

Looks a bit like the granite being sold under "Wild Sea". You might check that as well. Suppliers are notorious for making up names, so don't let the name constrict your search. Describe the look you're going for to any large wholesaler and he should be able to provide suggestions about what he can get that will give you that look.

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 2:31PM
zkgardner

Thanks lwo! I Googled that name and came up with a site that has this.

Not the same as houzz but gives me hope I'll find something similar

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 2:58PM
zkgardner

And this also

When I find a site like the one in this picture, are they a supplier who who supply to local stone yards?

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 3:00PM
Texas_Gem

Oh my gosh!!! I want to find and buy that wild sea to put into my bathroom!! What a gorgeous stone!!

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 3:41PM
lotteryticket

The slab you posted at 14:58 is gorgeous enough to hang on the wall. Wow!

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 3:49PM
socom

I think the first slab is called brown fantasy quartzite. The one you posted has more blues and whites than what I've seen in person.

Bookmark   July 8, 2014 at 9:53PM
annaship1

I agree, that first photo looks a lot like brown fantasy. A lot of the brown fantasy slabs that I have seen online tends to be more brown/grey, but the slab that I picked out has a lot of white and sage green. I suspect that the color in the first photo was enhanced a bit.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 8:54AM
karin_mt

Wild Sea is a quartz sandstone with cool cross beds in various colors (bugundy, green) that make wavy patterns. We have it and I love it. I would definitely recommend it to others for durability and easy care.

Sea Pearl and Brown Fantasy are quartzites, although I've read here that some Brown Fantasy slabs are more marble-like.

But yeah. the names vary wildly, so you have to look around a lot and do as much homework as possible to sort out what your slab shop has.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 9:23AM
brightm

We saw some Wild Sea that we thought should have been hung on the wall as art, but it wasn't what we were looking for for our purpose. But it was gorgeous.

We also saw something that looked sorta-maybe close to the OP's original pic. It was at Arizona Tile in Anaheim. They had one teeny piece, and it was stunning. It might have been enough for a vanity, and not a big one. We asked about it as we walked by and the guy said something about it being the last of it and being very sought after and very expensive. Sorry that I don't recall the name.

ETA: The Wild Sea was both at Arizona Tile Anaheim and Ontario.

This post was edited by cal_quail on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 9:44

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 9:41AM
dcward89

I might sell my car for that slab that mrsfireman posted and I'm not even a granite kinda girl...GORGEOUS!!!

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 1:02PM
greenhaven

dcward, I am with you!!!!

Although I have to say, after my first trip to an actual stone yard i immediately fell in love with the Brown Fantasy. It was almost enough to make me rethink my whole entire dining room, lol! But it was MEGA expensive.

I was never a stone kind of gal, either. but I am a true convert, if not for it's functionality then for its sheer work-of-art-ness.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
Carrara tile backsplash with carrara countertop
I found a few images in the photos section of houzz,...
crl_
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Pot filler, Gooseneck or Pullout over Prep sink
I’ve searched the internet for similar topics but...
Gemcap
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™