Double bowl kitchen sink recommendations

diknippenJuly 17, 2013

I am ready to remodel a kitchen for the first time. My kitchen is 28 years old and I am so excited.

Our house came with a triple bowl stainless steel Franke sink that I love (but recognize some drawbacks).

I think I cannot make the switch to a large single bowl. I have rented houses with that sink and do not enjoy using it. But I am open to a double bowl.

We have a very large kitchen with a lot of counter space. I have plenty of room for whatever sink I want. However, I will not be installing a second prep sink.

I am an avid but messy cook. I often have soapy water in the sink ready to wash dishes as I cook to lessen the pile of pots and pans after the meal.

What sinks do you love and why? I am grateful for your ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

Love my Elkay Aquadivide low divide SS double sink. There are a lot of threads about the advantages of low divide sinks, and several companies make them.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 2:53PM
dreamojean

I have a similar question but am about to post separately because I need a 30" cabinet and my double sink options are more limited as a result. I also want a 65/35 or 70/30 or even 80/20 because I want a bigger main basin and a breakaway sink for a 2nd cook next to it.

For what it's worth we have a 50/50 double sink now, each basin 14x16 and around 8 deep, and it's fine but just slightly narrow for our bigger pans, which is why I want to move to at least 60/40 if not more uneven. Another reason I want a double sink is that we tend not to dishwash plastic and it builds up in the sink so without a double basin it slows us down between hand washings of plastic in one of the basins. Not an ideal reason to choose a sink (to let dishes pile up!) but a realistic thing to consider.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 3:05PM
diknippen

Thank you Ginny20. I looked at a thread for low divide sinks. Now I have another feature to consider.

Dreamojean-good luck with your decision. Thanks for the input.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 11:45PM
More Discussions
Strategies for washing dishes in a large single sink vs double sink
Hi all, We have in our plans to get a large (33 inch)...
ontariomom
Can you help me make an idea board?
After looking more realistically at our kitchen renovation...
dmeah
Feedback on revised kitchen layout
Hello again! After receiving some great feedback for...
kevinhoene
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Where to sell zinc countertop??
Help! A dramatic error has resulted in my ownership...
halgreene
Sponsored Products
Baxton Studio Berne Black Modern Bar Stool
Overstock.com
Sterling Intrigue SP2275A-38DR-G06 15.8125W x 72H in. Rain Glass Shower Door Mul
$875.99 | Hayneedle
Black Curved Wood Hydraulic Barstool
Overstock.com
Purple Cupcake Cake Mold
$6.99 | zulily
Adagio Lady Gray With Crystal White Line Marble Tile
$18.90 | TileBar
Wusthof Ikon Blackwood Boning Knife
$149.95 | FRONTGATE
Sample-Rapids Pattern Empire Gold Glass and Stone Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Hansgrohe Plumbing Axor Bouroullec Table Leg 95853000