Cabinet maker in Houston area

Super45sonicJuly 29, 2013

Once again I need help from the GW community. I have been planning my kitchen reno for months. I plan to be my own GC and have identified countertop guy, tile setter, electrician and plumber. I thought I have a cabinet maker but it turns out not working out. I have already finalized my design and know exactly what I need. I just need someone to make those cabinets to my specifications (and hang them for me). Does anyone know of a good cabinet maker in the Houston area?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elphaba_gw

Thanks for asking. I also am interested - but you might think about saying whether you want face-frame cabinets or frameless - lots of cabinet makers only do one or the other or at least prefer one over the other. (Also, whether mostly painted or stained might be useful too.)

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 9:53AM
woodenconcepts

Are you set on custom cabinets or have you considered prefabricated cabinets? We install a lot of kitchens and have seen *most* custom shops really start compromising on quality while some of the prefab companies have worked hard to improve their standards. We used to always recommend custom, but have been very disappointed to see that custom doesn't mean what it used to anymore. Also, don't just find someone that can "hang" the cabinets. If you don't use a good finish carpenter, things can go badly. This link gives some insight on why you really need to be choosy about your installer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Today's Cabinet Installers

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 1:09PM
Super45sonic

Thank you for the suggestions. I was actually looking for a local cabinet maker rather than a particular brand of cabinet. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 12:10PM
More Discussions
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
scrappy25 renovation Part 2- Julia soapstone installed
Part 2- Julia soapstone installed (If you missed Part...
scrappy25
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
Relative cabinetry prices: brand vs. brand
We're going to redo our kitchen but aren't quite ready...
stretchad
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™