Choosing Kitchen Sinks - Which One? Blanco Siligranit or Copper

TXBluebonnet11July 15, 2013

We are doing a complete remodel and I've narrowed down our sink choices to either Blanco siligranit or copper. I am leaning towards the Blanco Precis (double bowl 1 3/4 split). I think this will be more practical for the main sink than copper and the Cafe Brown color will give a similar look to copper. I am leaning towards the double bowl because I think it will be more practical, although I have seen some compelling arguments for a single bowl.

For the island, I want a small veggie sink. I like the look of copper but I am not sure about mixing this with the siligranit. So I am leaning towards the siligranit here as well. If I go with the siligranit, which model would work best for the secondary sink? I want the sink to be as small as possible but still be functional. It would be great to find one with a colander option, but Blanco's bar sink doesn't seem to offer this accessory. I'm afraid the next size up would be too large. Any suggestions? Or should I go with copper?

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Siligranit Precis Sink

This post was edited by TXBluebonnet11 on Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 12:05

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SparklingWater

I just installed the Blanco Precis Cascade sink in metallic gray as our main sink and I just love it! So different from stainless steel metal in feel, sound and looks. It's a single with a low divide with minimum sink cab of 33" required. Unlike the SS sinks I had for decades, it doesn't show water spots and it looks great with minimal cleaning (just a wipe with wet cloth and a little mild soap.

Just wanted to give you some feed back on the Blanco Silgranit. I'd put it in both sinks. Blanco is constantly developing new sink grids and colanders so a call to their CS might answer your question about the bar sink colander.

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 9:21PM
TXBluebonnet11

Thanks for your input, SparklingWater! I've heard good things about the Blanco sinks.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:23PM
dermnp

Interesting because when we were designing our kitchen I wanted a copper sink, they look so gorgeous. Both the KD and DH said they are high maintenance and asked if I would be ok with the patina it would develop over time, I wasn't sure I was up for it. So I went with the blanco siligranit diamond 1 3/4 and I am very happy with this sink. It looks great and is so functional, I use the smaller side for a drying rack since I handwash alot of dishes, it works perfectly.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 10:42PM
kitchenredo08

In our previous home, I had a Blanco Silgranit in brown as my main sink and a small copper prep sink. Any one who saw my kitchen loved the look. The silgranit was amazing and so easy to care for. I polished the copper maybe once every six months.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 8:43AM
TXBluebonnet11

Thanks so much for the feedback, Dermnp.

KitchenRedo08: Did anyone notice that the sinks didn't match?

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 10:18AM
More Discussions
The Kitchen Designer Landscape
There seems to be a few scenarios out there. Some I...
denizenx
Can you please take a look at my layout?
I'm currently getting quotes for cabinets and want...
Carolyn
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
Those tall coil spring type faucets: Hard to clean?
Like this: http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/6382868/Residential-Coil-Spring-Brushed-Nickel-Faucet-f8de8fec-40cb-4993-a19b-7903391cc178_600.jpg (How...
raenjapan
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™