2 x 8" subway tiles - pics and advice pls!

PierrepontJuly 16, 2013

We are thinking of using 2 x 8" subway tiles for a backsplash in our kitchen. We love the look of Heath Tiles but they are pricey - does anyone have a place to get something similar - or and advice regarding elongated subway tiles? Pictures are very much welcomed!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
corgimum

Check these out. They are on my final two list:
http://www.senecatiles.com/
My tile distributor priced the 2 5/8'' x 8'' tiles (glazed quarry pavers) at around $13.00 sq/ft.

I just saw these at Lowe's and have ordered samples. They are special order only and come in 4 colors. The stores have display boards so you can check out the colors in person. The online pics don't do them justice. Only 3.99 sq./ft. for the 4'' x 12''. They also come in 3'' x 6''.

Pic from my phone:
Pearl
Chocolate
Fawn
There is also white.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allen + Roth tile

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:49PM
Holly- Kay

They are very pretty. I love the understated look of Subway tiles.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 2:27PM
pentimento

duplicate post

This post was edited by pentimento on Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 15:06

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:02PM
pentimento

Ann Sacks Davenport comes in a 2 by 8 size and the cost ranges from about $14 to $17 per sqft, depending on color. Shipping is extra. The link below will take you to the Davenport page.

You might also want to check out 2 by 8 tiles found at Complete Tile (completetile dot com) in the ceramic tile section. They sell Nori tiles for only $9 per sqft and McIntones for $21 per sqft.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks Davenport

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:04PM
Pierrepont

@corgimum, thank you, they are very nice indeed. did they say how long a special order takes? I saw this pic on-line and loved the look of these tiles...but can't find anything like them...the website where I grabbed it suggested they are heath tiles but I can't find anything like those where I am to look at in person (and my guess is that they are WAY more than we would spend)

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:09PM
corgimum

I ordered the tile yesterday and they are supposed to be in next Wednesday.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 3:17PM
SparklingWater

I am nearing the backsplash stage and am looking at 2" x 8" also. Last night I bookmarked ceramic tile by StoneSource (see link below), based on a Houzz modern kitchen I saw which did a herrington pattern with the. I have no idea of the price, but I think it's up there.

O/T, but somewhat funny, kinda, I was at a DalTile showroom, didn't have an appointment so was out of luck, but as I was mulling around this gray haired woman in her 80's exclaimed to the designer "and no subway tiles for me! my kitchen is going to have a modern look". Turns out she grew up in Philadelphia and road the subways and hence dislikes subways. She was looking at marble mosaics.

I think going smaller (2 x5 or 2x4) or larger in subway tile does bring a different look. But I still love 3x6 subways for a back splash and probably always will.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your finds. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grigio Scuro -

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
top cutlery tray on Kitchen Aid Dishwasher
Is the extra (3rd) cutlery tray on the higher model...
ladypie
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™