Good source for cabinet hardware other than Big Blue/Orange

thecatzmeowJuly 29, 2013

Title pretty much says it all. :) I'm looking for a good place to buy cabinet hardware other than the big box stores. I've been there and I'm just kind of ...eh... nothing jumps out at me. Or it seems REALLY expensive.

I'm particularly interested in oil rubbed bronze or black, kinda liking the cup pulls for the drawers. But the ones at big box were $15.99 a piece! Maybe that's normal?

Anyway, if there's an online store you've used and were super happy with, please share! Thank you in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzanne_sl

Where do you live? Someone may have a local store reference. For instance, if you're anywhere in the San Diego area, San Diego Hardware has a *huge* selection/display of hardware.

...1,000 door locks, 3,000 hinges and 7,000 knobs and pulls...

I find being able to actually touch and see potential hardware choices to be invaluable. (I admit it! I'm a hardware groper.) I'm sure stores like this exist in other parts of the country.

Here is a link that might be useful: San Diego Hardware showroom pg.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 12:04PM
jellytoast

Thanks, suzannesl ... I'm going to check that place out!

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 12:46PM
RoRo67

You can order on line at www.richelieuhardware.com They have a lot of different knobs and many more items. The shipping is relatively inexpensive. I think they are quite a bit cheaper than HD or Lowes.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 1:14PM
thecatzmeow

Thanks! Suzanne, I sure wish I was in San Diego now! I'm in Virginia, a good 90+ minutes from anything even close - and it's a Ferguson showroom. We've got the big box guys, Ace Hardware, and a handful of kitchen/bath design places that have limited showrooms (but seemingly unlimited catalogs.) My local Ace has only one type of offset hinge, available in three colors. The in-person viewing selection around here is baddddd. :(

Ro, I will check that out, thanks!

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 3:54PM
jellytoast

I just ordered some Amerock samples from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I was really surprised to see that I could order some hardware through them. Shipping is free, they provide free return shipping labels, and they take returns at their stores, too. The dollars that I've spent on samples has really begun to add up, so it's nice to finally order some from a place that will let me return them without a hassle or cost.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 4:23PM
heideseekie

We were really happy with hardwarehut.com for our cabinet pulls. I had already decided what I wanted and they had the best price.

Bookmark   July 29, 2013 at 10:37PM
meyersdvm

I found a good selection at Overstock.com

Bookmark   July 30, 2013 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
Did they sell me a bad piece of soapstone?
Hello soapstone owners: I paid $1,400 (including installation)...
leavemeout
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™