need answer in a few hours - light placement
I have an electrician coming in a few hours who is going to rough in the overhead lights in our kitchen. I need help figuring where to place them. I want them to feel centered, but the question is to I consider the center of the room:
A.) based on a perimeter of the walls
B.) based on a perimeter of the space as defined by the cabinets - 24" away from the walls
C.) center of the windows
Also, do you recomment two lights, spaced at one third and two thirds of the middleline, or one light fixture for the whole kitchen?
* We are not doing recessed lighting. (Just not fans, and it looks out of place with our 1850s house. We will opt for vintage light fixtures as we have in the rest of the house.)
* For reference in the pictures, all cabinets and appliances will go on in an L shape, starting to the right of the windows, and making a turn to go along the wall with the framing. A bathroom is going behind that framed out wall.
* The picture of the framing wall - I placed the red bucket at approximately the equivalent of where the middle line of the windows is.
* The ceilings will be 8"ft high.
* We will be putting a table and chairs in the space near the window and to the left of the window. I do not feel the need to have pendent lighting over the table or over the sink. We will have task lighting under cabinet over sink and under other cabinets.
Hope this is not too confusing!