Appliance handles. Edge, minimal, and matching. Please!

emily_mbJuly 17, 2010

Please help me find matching handles for my refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher. Both appliances will be paneled in white and the cabinets don't have handles. So, I want "invisible" handles.

Maybe what I am looking for is an appliance version of the Ikea handles that go over the edge of cabinet doors. But when I search for "edge" handle I get that little pull "thing" that's used for pocket doors.

Brushed stainless steel would match the sink and the hood. Or, maybe something in white?

Please suggest the correct term for me to use in a search, a website, company, model, or direct me to a picture. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hi emily,
I'm not sure I understand what you're after, but might you be looking for a contemporary finger pull? (Click on the link below and scroll down toward the bottom of the page)

Here is a link that might be useful: Finger cabinet pulls

    Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 1:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Go to MasterMetalWorks. They make edge pulls and do some custom work, which would involve just cutting one of their options to the length you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: MMW

    Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 2:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Carol, Pamlimpset, Thank you. I think you found them. On Palimpset's link it's called a 'bead on a radius edge.' I could also go to a metal shop here. Didn't think of having it costume made. Do you know if anyone sells them already made -- 24' long for dishwasher, and even longer for refrigerator? I can't think of anything more minimal than that.

Do you think they would work? Or, would they be too uncomfortable for daily use in an appliance?

    Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 6:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think you are looking for this.

Depending upon your DW and your Fridge, this may not attach in the right way depending upon how the panel is attached to the appliance doors. This type of edge pull would have interfered with my freezer drawer panel attachment.

The edge may also not have been the right place for my DW either: the door latches very firmly and this may not have given a good enough grip. You will need to talk to your cabinet maker about these.

The thicker MMW ones I showed you will also need to be mortised in to the back of the panel because of their thickness

Here is a link that might be useful: aluminum extruded edge pull

    Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 9:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you palimpset. It helps to have a picture and a name.

    Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 9:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Emily - how did you resolve your problem ? I'm doing a black kitchen, no handles on the cabinets and a panel ready refrigerator and am also looking for a minimal appliance pullfor the refrigerator - as flat/close to the door as possible or an edge pull.

    Bookmark   February 25, 2015 at 3:19PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Kohler Stages Sink: review after 6 weeks of use
There have been some threads here regarding the Kohler...
My finished kitchen
This is my second kitchen remodeled with the kind assistance...
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to and...
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
Economical FLAT subway tile?
Hi everyone! If I had my druthers, we'd be ordering...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™