Applause for DIYers!

kksmamaJuly 1, 2013

It took dh and I many hours and several harsh words to re-hang a small shelf (into studs this time), move a ceiling fan, and do some touch up painting. I'd like to think I could do the beautiful, budget friendly projects you all share here. I'd like to think I could act, sing, and dance, too. But some people are better suited for the audience. Accolades and congratulations to all you star performers, thanks for sharing the beauty with us!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

Kksmama, thank you for posting this. I am always amazed at the beautiful kitchens that the DIY crowd posts. I so very much admire their craftsmanship.

DH and I have never been, nor will we ever be, a DIY couple. Not only are we way too busy with other things in our life we have absolutely ZERO talent when it comes to home repair.

I add my praise to the DIY'ers and keep those beautiful projects coming!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 10:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracie.erin

Yes, praise to the DIYers! I am lucky and thankful to have my DH who can do or learn to do anything, and does. I have helped with demo and painting only, but after 4 years have finally learnt to use certain power tools and put some trim up. So.. I try, but I'm not that good. DH though can and has done framing, plumbing, electrical, drywall, tiling, floor laying, roofing, siding, cabinetry making, plus assisted with the well drilling and sprinkler install. I'm probably missing something. Next up is finishing the kitchen cabinetry and installing paver patio. Yes, I count my blessings!

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:50AM
More Discussions
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Kraus brand faucet/sink?
Does anyone have experience with this brand? There...
CTN30
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™