kitchen cabinet marks help

rosemarynjJuly 22, 2014

Hope someone can help me. I have maple kitchen cabinets (very light color) and they were installed in 2006. They are a China made cabinets. They have marks on them that look like tiny circles, drip marks etc on them esp. around handles but other places too. I have no idea how they got there. I bought Magic Cabinet and Wood Cleaner to try to get them off, but they are still on there. I don't want to replace the cabinets as they are not that old and I like the Caesar Stone tops. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get these marks off and clean the cabinets? They are driving me crazy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancyocean

If you don't use a vent all the time when you cook, oil can settle as drip type marks on cabinets, especially if you do a lot of frying. Mineral spirits can break down oil and won't hurt the finish, it's flammable, and you want to be careful that you aren't using it near any flame, and open the windows while you're using it. I also use WD 40 to remove sticky stuff and oil, it might work if you have it available. If these products don't work, I'd try a water based product, like vinegar and water, with a soft cloth. Magic eraser is a great little product, but it shouldn't be used on a surface with a gloss, it leaves a dulling mark. One of my favorite cleaning products is steal wool, but it has to be the extra fine steal wool, I think 4 or 5 zeros are in the number and it's more of a polishing cloth than a scrubbing cloth, but it can be used with any of the above liquids without harming finish; don't use it dry. You can buy it at home improvement stores, not at the grocery store, that stuff is too harsh.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 10:17AM
snookums2

Can you post some pictures?

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 10:27AM
jennlee2

We had some marks on our bed headboard that looked similar to what you describe. I tried a bunch of things to get them off. My husband eventually tried Dawn dish detergent and that worked. Seems like it was oil (probably from hands touching it in our case - in a kitchen could be this near handles and/or cooking oils) and the Dawn took it off.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
Kitchen colors....need something happy and vintage :)
I want to try to go a bit vintage with my low-dollar...
lavender_lass
Responsiveness of cabinet manufacturers
I was convinced that Barker was the cabinet company...
seb225
Kitchen reveals and DAT threads with missing photos and text
I’ve been looking at Gardenweb threads that have...
mudhouse
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Why are my granite edges lighter than the top?
Perhaps some of you recall my ordeal with my kitchen...
pumpkinhouse
Sponsored Products
Furniture of America Open-cabinet Coffee Table
Overstock.com
Sunpan Porto Round Dining Table - Distressed Brown - 94269
Hayneedle
Gallerie Decor Adirondack One-drawer One-door Cabinet
Overstock.com
Tommy Bahama Outdoor Ocean Club Resort Ottoman
$799.00 | LuxeDecor
BL7 Wall Pendant
Design Within Reach