entrance door clearance for lazy susan

twix71July 20, 2013

I am about to purchase a Diamond super lazy susan from Lowes. The in-store kitchen designer thinks that you need 34" door clearance for delivery. My door frame is 32". The lazy susan will span a 36x36" wide space in a corner, with bifold doors.
Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Cindy103d

Assuming it comes assembled, the dimensions will be 36" x 36" x 34 1/2". Can they deliver the doors/frame assembled, but the case unassembled? If so, your installer could assemble the case once the pieces are in the kitchen. If not, it will not fit through your door.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 8:13AM
GreenDesigns

You can have it designated to come with the toekick unattached but the cabinet itself cannot come unassembled. Without the toekick, it will be very very very tight and you will probably have to take the trim off of the door and that might not make it.

How did you get a full sized refrigerator into the home? You really need a 36" door on the home, and I'd make that happen before the kitchen remodel begins. 36" has been a standard for MANY years.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 9:27AM
raee_gw

The back to front dimensions will be counter depth, only about 24", won't they? It won't be able to be carried straight through but there may be a way.
They will need to start the cabinet through the door on that 24" end, then rotate it on an imaginary axis at the center of the angle to maneuver it the rest of the way through. There needs to be room on both sides of the door to allow this rotation.

It is also fairly easy to remove and replace the projecting part of the door frame on either side to give about another inch of space.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 12:19PM
GreenDesigns

No, it's a 36"x36"x35.5" L shaped box.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 12:36PM
twix71

Can they not take it out of the box? I'm waiting to hear from my contractor about the ease of taking off part of the frame. We are replacing the door in the reno, but not sure how easy it is to widen the frame.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 1:08PM
GreenDesigns

It's the cabinet box I'm describing. One way to postpone the issue of needing a 36" door would be to change the kitchen plan to use a blind base corner. You'll lose functionality and I think it's a poor trade to upgrading the door to standard dimensions.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
Is it okay to rave about Executive cabinets?
We have been living in our new house for about 8 months....
david_cary
Countertops for butlers pantry
We have a wall in pantry that will need countertops...
aktillery9
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Looking for stainless steel sink recommendations
Hey GW - I am looking for a single bowl SS sink for...
swatyreno
Sponsored Products
Chrome/ Crystal 4-light Round Ceiling Chandelier
Overstock.com
Hand-Forged Iron Doorbell Plate - Black Powder Coat
Signature Hardware
Warehouse Black 16-Inch Outdoor Wall Light
$202.95 | Bellacor
Atlantis Tubs 4270PWR Petite 42 x 70 x 23 - Inch Oval Whirlpool Jetted Bathtub w
Beyond Stores
BEGA | LED Garden and Pathway Bollard - 7237/7238
$355.00 | YLighting
Fanmats MLB 5 x 8 in. Get a Grip Phone Holder Multicolor - 11159
$16.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™