Remove Dent From Stainless Appliances

Mick MickJuly 6, 2014

Has anyone successfully removed a dent from a stainless appliance? I read that there is a hair dryer/dry ice solution.

I am looking at an interesting buy on a KA bottom mount refrigerator at the local scratch and dent. The dent is underneath the handle and pretty significant. Significant from the standpoint that you can see it. However not so significant that I would be extremely bothered.

By the way, where does one find dry ice?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mick Mick

Gosh. I don't want to be mixed in with the spam.....

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 7:32AM
lazy_gardens

All that spam has been reported.

Dry ice ... often found at supermarkets and bait shops.

There are videos and instructions all over the net. Never tried it myself, but it depends on the kind of dent.

If I had conspicuous damage like that, if anyone were rude enough to ask about it, I would shrug and say "Velociraptors ... they are so hard to house train."

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 7:41AM
scpalmetto

Our WalMart carries dry ice.

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 8:09AM
Mick Mick

"If I had conspicuous damage like that, if anyone were rude enough to ask about it, I would shrug and say "Velociraptors ... they are so hard to house train.""

LOL

I was thinking, "Hunger pains."

I can't imagine any of my friends and family asking. They know how I do it. Also, they know better...

:)

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 8:15AM
davidrt28 (zone 7)

That was a good one, lazygardens.

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 10:34AM
cat_mom

If the refrigerator comes with a warranty, call KA and inquire about a replacement "skin" for the door. When our KA fridge (a built-in model) was installed, the installer pointed out what appeared to be a dent, or anomaly along the top edge of the freezer door (really only visible because of the way the light hit it). KA sent out a replacement SS skin (at no charge), but when the tech was there, he thought the ripple in the SS was actually the result of one of the screws along the top of the door, being tightened too much, resulting in that slight dip in the metal skin. After he loosened the screw, the dent/ripple disappeared, but he left the skin for us "just in case" we ever needed to replace it.

Perhaps they would send a replacement out for you as a goodwill gesture, even if no warranty is in place to cover it. Always worth inquiring! :)

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 11:12AM
Mick Mick

Thanks cat_mom. I will try that. The fridge will have full warranty.

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 5:01PM
gr8daygw

Maybe the people that do car dents could take it out. We just had some dents made smooth and totally gone by a guy who came to the house and worked it out. It's a miracle!!!

Bookmark   July 6, 2014 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Closet pantry or not?
I am doing a reno of our kitchen and wanted to get...
abbabug
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Clearance for full overlay doors
I'm finally ready to order the doors and drawer fronts...
weedyacres
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™