Chroma Quartz Countertops--like or dislike??

lunaluJuly 25, 2011

He there,

After doing some research for our upcoming small kitchen makeover (new counters and paint existing cabinets), we were set on using Caesarstone (either Nougat or Eggshell). We then happened to see Chroma Quartz and liked their more subtle look even better (either Crystal White or Seashell) for our counters.

I haven't been able to find any reviews online on Chroma Quartz counters. Does anyone out there have them? Have they held up? Are you happy with them? Would love any input on Caesarstone v. Chroma Quartz so that we can make our decision between the two.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

Chroma is a quartz staple in my area. My fabricator claims it's the same quality as any other quartz, and my readings here indicate that to be true. To my untrained quartz eye, she's right. For a long time, I was planning Chroma for my mbath vanity until I realized that I'm more of a natural stone gal.

I've seen many a Chroma slab in the last 18 months, and they look to be great quality. I think it comes down to who has the color you like the best. I wouldn't hesitate using the product if I went the man made route.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 1:28AM
wizardnm

My counter is the Chroma Quartz by Pental. I live in Michigan and a granite company here had a showroom of just about every quartz line there is. I was making the rounds looking for a certain shade of gray. Mine is called Sterling.

I have had no problems with it and slabs matched the sample perfectly. There is no pooling and the pattern is very even. The seams are almost invisible. It seems to be very high quality and cleans up easily.

Having a good fabricator seems to be the key to any of these products (including granite,etc) looking good when the job is finished.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Chroma again.

Nancy

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 6:07AM
lunalu

Thanks for the input!

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 1:21AM
lisa0527

Saw some Chroma samples today that had an almost leathered finish. I've never seen this before on quartz but it looked great and there was a white similar to Nougat I think.

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 1:07AM
tomuch2chus

I agree, it's all about the color! The manufacturing & warranties seem to be similar for all the "quartz" products.
My perimeter counters are Chroma's "porfido". It doesn't look anything like the on-line sample, but it's a rich, reddish, brown & verrry subtle...just what I was looking for. It is polished, but not as shiny as the granite on my island. Because of the dark color & lots of windows, every drop of water shows at the sink, but that was expected & I actually kinda like obsessing over it!
It's been a year since it was installed & 9 months in use in a busy kitchen. I've not babied it either. I'm messy & clumsy (deadly combo) & it's still perfect.

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 12:29PM
boombee3

Hello Tomuch2chus and everyone, I'm looking into chroma coastal gray and cesearstone raven. Both similar to the look I'm trying to achieve. Do those water marks you refer to around the sink , are they soaking into the counter and making a mark or is it just droplets of water that bead up? I have a sample here at home that I'm testing things on. I cook a LOT and I'm scared it will mark or stain like my old concrete counters did? Any info I would appreciate. Thanks so much!

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 12:25PM
breezygirl

Boombee3--I think the water marks that Tomuch2chus referred to were due more to the fact that her/his stone is dark. Dark stones, combined with lots of light in the right direction, can show every droplet, fingerprint, smudge, and crumb. Many folks purposely choose a lighter stone for that very reason; whereas others don't mind any extra maintenance. Hopefully she/he will chime back in with how much they love their Chroma!

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Specific stacked upper cab questions
I'm looking for input as I get closer to finalizing...
melis918
Baker Cherry Shaker doors vs IKEA Laxarby doors
Please advise on Baker doors. I am going to get IKEA...
enduring
Cabinet installation cost (not including cabinets themselves)
We are remodeling our kitchen (complete gut and changing...
schiari211
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Sponsored Products
Virtu KS-70064-S-ZG Vanity Set in Zebra grey with White Marble Countertop
Blue Bath
Square White Countertop Soap Dispenser
TheBathOutlet
Five-Piece Kitchen Towel & Drying Mat Set
$21.99 | zulily
Water Creation London 60-inch Dark Espresso Double Sink Bathroom Vanity From the
Overstock.com
KitchenAid KSM155GBSA Sea Glass 5-quart Artisan Design Tilt-head Stand Mixer **
Overstock.com
Design Element DEC083C Washington 48-in. Single Bathroom Vanity Set - DEC083C
$999.00 | Hayneedle
Design Element DEC1100A-36 Madrid 36-in. Single Bathroom Vanity Set Multicolor -
$899.00 | Hayneedle
26" Diedrich Vanity
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™