Help with kitchen island?

robinleJuly 14, 2013

The kitchen is 20X20 and will have a banquette L shaped dining area. It will also have a 3X7 island. We already have the cabinets for the kitchen. I posted the picture of the cabinets. We were thinking white cabinets for the island and banquette. I was wondering if I should go with the same door style? Should we get the painted white cabinets for the island and banquette or would a different color look better? We were also planning on a different counter top for the island then the counters. For the island we were planning on a solid color quartz. We already have granite the UbaTuba for the counters. Can you please let me know what you think about the cabinet colors and door style. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Barbarav

Robinle, what about a darker finish like black or expresso for the island and banquette. That way you could use a lighter color quartz on the island but still tie in the color of the uba tuba. I would stick with the same door style, personally. Love your cabinets. They'll look great with the granite.

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 9:46AM
robinle

Barbarv thank you, when we first started on the kitchen I thought about having black cabinets for the island. I think I will go back to that plan.

Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 11:43PM
amharris

I think Barbarv's idea is a great one. The uba tuba will work nicely with both cabinet colors (cherry and espresso/black), and having the same cabinet styles will tie it together. Your cabinets are beautiful!

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 2:05PM
More Discussions
Norcraft vs. Marsh cabinets - is one better?
We have been working with a large local cabinet company....
raleighsharon
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
Walnut cabinets - natural or stain?
I fell in love with walnut for my kitchen cabinets....
zaphod42
Quartz or Dekton/Neolith?
I know all about the wonders of quartz countertops...
nadianyc
Sponsored Products
Underscore Linear Suspension by Metropolitan Lighting
$1,450.00 | Lumens
Beckett Rug 5' x 8' - VILLA BLUE
$839.00 | Horchow
Deluxe Island Pendant
$699.99 | Bellacor
Rossetto | Mirage Dining Table
YLiving.com
Sea Gull Lighting Ambiance Transitions 3-Light Polished Nickel Pendant Track Lig
Home Depot
Orleans Outdoor Bistro Chair Cushion, Patio Furniture
$63.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™