Perfect S&P...sold help me find them!!

EyegirlieJuly 22, 2012

I saw these today on pinterest and fell in LOVE. They would be so perfect in my kitchen and my house. But, alas, they were already sold and so far I have come up empty on the web tracking any others down.

Anyone willing to help me in the search of my "dream" salt and pepper shakers?

I figured if anyone would understand about finding one seemingly small aspect for your kitchen that you just HAVE to have...it would be you guys ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Original listing

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
breezygirl

So adorable! I searched around and found many sets like that in clear and white. White is lovely, but certainly not as jazzy as the turquoise. I did find a footed jade set. Bit more fancy and less charming than yours. I saw the turquoise set pinned and repined on Pinterest so others love it also.

I think for a unique, vintage item like that, you just have to keep your eyes open and be patient. Search eBay and Etsy often, as well as any other antique/vintage sale sites. I hope you find it!

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 12:52AM
mrsmortarmixer

I've seen these in blue and white before, but the turquoise is beautiful. Do you have any local antique shops? I don't think these will be an easy find, and I searched for anything that I could think of that might bring up the same or similar. Milk glass, hobnail, Fenton, etc. I definitely would check locally, or even call around to those not so local. Many owners locally go to auctions and will keep an eye out if you have something specific you are looking for. My only other advice is keep an eye out on etsy and Ebay.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 1:24AM
badgergal

Not salt and pepper shakers but turquoise and hobnail. Maybe be this could be used as an accent piece in your kitchen

Here is a link that might be useful: Candy dish

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 8:04AM
remodelfla

I found something like them in blue glass

Here is a link that might be useful: Fenton S&P

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 8:36AM
3mutts

You could try emailing Replacements and ask if they have any suggestions on where you could locate them. My friend has used them to get matching china pieces from her grandmother's old set several times.

http://www.replacements.com/rephtcu.htm

You can email them the photo and ask about them... Good luck in the search!

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 9:14AM
rococogurl

There's an entire page of them on ebay though most are white. You can turn it up by putting "milk glass hobnail salt shaker" in the search field.

I have some antique milk glass salts and pepper sets I bought at auction. They weren't hobnail per se, though similar and still very pretty. Love the style.

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 3:07PM
ghostlyvision

Is this the same company? Maybe they can help you locate those wonderful shakers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fenton Art Glass

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 3:08PM
pentimento

What a sweet, beautiful pair of salt and pepper shakers.

The site I've included below has links to different Fenton collectors groups. If you spread the word through them that you're looking for Fenton turquiose hobnail opaque milk glass salt and pepper shakers it will increase your chances of finding them. I imagine at least some of these collectors scout out garage sales, flea markets and such and would recognize the S&P set if they happened across them. Hopefully if they found them and knew of your interest, they would buy them and then sell them to you.

I found a couple of specific Blenko glass pieces that I was looking for by going this route.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: fenton art glass collectors

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 4:52PM
palimpsest

Try Jadeite too, might not be the exact color, but close depending upon the photo

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire King Jadeite on eBay

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 5:00PM
remodelfla

ebay has a bunch of cute S&P... who knew!!

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 5:07PM
Eyegirlie

Thanks everyone for the searches and suggestions!! Who would think these would be so hard to find when there seems to be plenty of the white!! The white are cute but I'm smitten with the turquoise now...I may decide the white will just have to do for now =)

Badgergal...great find with the candy dish!! So cute!!

Thanks again, you guys are the best!

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 5:41PM
breezygirl

Hi Eyegirlie. I know this thread is a little old and that you may have already bought some shakers. I saw this jadeite set on eBay this morning and thought of you. Not hobnail, but still might be worth checking. I think you could find replacement caps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jadeite shakers with arch pattern

Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 1:12PM
More Discussions
Under cabinet mixer shelf
Does anyone have a built-in under cabinet mixer shelf...
ryseryse_2004
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
Feedback on cabinet insert prices
Our cabinet builder gave us the following prices for...
Trish Welham
Kitchen Layout help... Need opinions.
I am about to start building my house... Very excited...
adrituerk
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™