Kohler whitehaven farmhouse sinks--

cookingbuffJune 2, 2013

I am deciding on my sink and have been reading everything -good and bad-about farmhouse sinks. I understand that the kohler whitehaven farmhouse sink slopes away from you instead of straight down. Have you found this to be a problem? Any other input would be appreciated! Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
superpoutyduck

I have the 36" model and absolutely love it.

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 10:40PM
Holly- Kay

That 's the one I am getting also tmunson. It is sitting in a box in my living room just waiting to be installed.

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 10:44PM
HammerMom

I have one in a box in our garage waiting to be installed, so I can't comment but am interested in replies from those who already have theirs in. I've only seen one installed in person and didn't notice this feature.

Bookmark   June 2, 2013 at 11:49PM
superpoutyduck

It's a beautiful sink; one of the first things people comment on in our new kitchen. I love washing dishes in it... But that could be from two months of doing it in the bathtub?

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 1:44AM
cookingbuff

So happy to hear such positive things! Anyone else? I need to make this decision this week. I think they are beautiful, but also contemplating the Blanco silgranite performa cascade. I know it's two different looks but either could work in my kitchen.

Any negative/positive comments about the sink sloping away from you instead of straight down?

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 10:43AM
Tricia21

I have the whitehaven and have no idea what you mean. It's a normal sink to me. I don't notice any sloping. I love it.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 10:46AM
donaleen

Mine is almost ready... one more week till counter top and plumbing. So excited.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 10:50AM
cookingbuff

Thanks for the replies.

Tricia21- On one of the threads I read someone's post stating that the sink sloped in and decided to go with the Shaw farmhouse. Then, of course, I started to mull that over since it has nothing about that on the website. Glad to hear you love your sink.

So far all the comments have been positive--that's a good sign!! Maybe I am closer to finalizing my decision.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 7:57PM
Holly- Kay

When I see pics of the Whitehaven installed I am so glad I went with a farm house sink. I think a regular sink would have also worked in my kitchen but I love the look of the Whitehaven.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 8:09PM
quiltgirl

If at all possible, go to a showroom and look at the sink before you order it. The showroom I went to had both the Kohler Whitehaven and the Shaw sink displayed in a kitchen setting, so I could stand in front of each and get a feel for each one. The inner front wall does slope on the Whitehaven, and for me, it felt awkward. I felt like I had to stretch to reach the center of the sink and that was uncomfortable. I am short so perhaps that is a factor. At any rate, I am so glad I went and saw it installed before I ordered it. I also had read many good reviews of it here and it was my sink of choice until I actually viewed it for myself. I am not saying it is not a good sink. I am just saying that what is good for one person may not be for another. Find a kitchen design studio by you and take a look for yourself. Good luck!

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 8:53PM
cookingbuff

quiltgirl- I went to a kitchen showroom that had a 33" kohler farmhouse on display. It did not seem to slope to me. The whitehaven dimensions are either 30 or 36 inch so it must have been a different sink or maybe one they don't make anymore. I will keep searching.

Has anyone else noticed the sloping sink or water dripping down the front?

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 10:30AM
threegraces

Have it, love it. We have the 36" and have had it for about a month now. I have not noticed anything about sloping or dripping. It just seems like a normal (gigantic and lovely) sink. It really looks great in our new kitchen and people always comment on it. I am 5'9" and my husband is 6'.

There are a couple of Kohler farmhouse models - Dickenson, Whitehave and I think one other.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 1:16PM
donaleen

I agree... go to a showroom. Touch it. Pretend. You may just fall in love, like I did.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 2:06PM
motherof3sons

We have the 30" Whitehaven and loving it for 9 months now. You described the interior slope exactly. I placed our extra large cookie sheet in the sink at the showroom with no problems. It holds a grandbaby or two with lots of room! You will LOVE this sink.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 8:21PM
Madeline616

We just put the Kohler Whitehaven into the kitchen I helped my parents design. Mom loves it, I love it. It's the best of all worlds--the durability of enameled cast iron and the beauty of a farmhouse.

Never noticed any type of slope or slant, and I'm TKO and can be very fussy about such details.

That said, I agree with the people who suggest going to the showroom. I spent a lot of time pretend cooking on several different ranges and pretend filling a few different DWs. It's worth it.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 8:40PM
Holly- Kay

My Whitehaven was just installed today. I love it. It is so pretty. I am short and it seemed a tad low, but still way more comfortable feel than my old sink. I can't wait to get the plumbing done but can't do that until the granite comes in.

Bookmark   June 4, 2013 at 8:49PM
cookingbuff

Thanks for all the positive comments. I think I am going with it. It is just tough for me to "pull the trigger" without rehashing it a million times! So many decisions but I am almost done. Now what faucet to get with the sink. I was reading somewhere to make sure the spout extends into the sink enough since the sink is wider than regular undermounts. I know I am not getting a bridge, but rather a front mount single lever faucet--but I guess that will be another thread! Thanks again for all the comments on the whitehaven!

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 8:39AM
AboutToGetDusty

Love my Whitehaven 30", installed and in use for almost a year already! It's a beautiful workhorse :-)
What slope?
Donaleen - looking good! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 8:59PM
Holly- Kay

Maybe consider a Waterstone. It is a bit pricey but goes so well with the Whitehaven. See attached pic of mine.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 9:07PM
cookingbuff

Holly-kay-- your faucet is beautiful! Will have to look into that and see if it's in my budget. Just sent you an email regarding your appliances.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 10:44PM
Holly- Kay

Cookingbuff I got your email but you haven't given permission for gw to let anyone reply via email. I think you have to go into your profile and enable email there or email your addy to me so I can reply about appliances.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 10:47PM
cookingbuff

Holly-kay, Sorry, should be able to send me an email now. Just fixed it. Thanks.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 10:52PM
Holly- Kay

Just sent you an email cooking!

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 11:14PM
cookingbuff

Holly-kay,

I did not get the email. Here it is : amspinn@gmail.com. Could you please send it again. Thanks.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 11:26PM
Holly- Kay

Cooking, Here is another faucet that I think is so beautiful. It comes in other finishes but this one is my favorite.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 8:19AM
cookingbuff

Holly-kay-- love it! Is that a waterstone too? Do you know if the handle can be moved to the front? More questions--of course!!

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 9:07AM
Holly- Kay

It is a Brizo and it would have been on the top of my list if I hadn't seen the WS the first day I looked at faucets. I will see what further info I can find!

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 11:01AM
Holly- Kay

Cooking, it is a Brizo model number 63003LF. I found it on efaucets.com but you can google the model number as well.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 11:06AM
cookingbuff

Holly-kay--Thanks so much. I already googled it, asked if the lever can be installed facing front, and am awaiting an answer.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 3:41PM
2LittleFishies

We LOVE our 36" : )

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 4:46PM
cookingbuff

The whitehaven sinks are beautiful! Thanks so much for the pics! I am getting excited.

2LittleFishes-- what faucet did you get? That's my next task--after finalizing the appliances!

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 4:59PM
2LittleFishies

The Moen Woodmere:

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 5:10PM
cookingbuff

2littlefishes--beautiful faucet! Enjoy your new kitchen!

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 7:51PM
ccfuss07

Just had my Whitehaven installed this week and she is a beauty. I got the Kohler Bellera faucet with it and it looks great, plus it was reasonably priced (which offset my splurge on the sink).

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellera Faucet

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 7:58PM
More Discussions
Faux marble countertops II
Here's the link to original post, but it's kind of...
lavender_lass
It starts with the sink... Kohler Stages 33 or 45?
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just starting a kitchen...
ediblekitchen
Resurrecting kitchen project Part II
My husband’s kitchen deadline is still May, but it...
margo456
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Anyone have Cambria Seagrove? Or Summerhill?
I have been GW lots lately trying to decide on countertops....
Lily Spider
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Bathtubs Mariposa 5 ft. Air Bath Tub in Biscuit K-1239-GLW-96
Home Depot
KOHLER Kitchen Executive Chef Self-Rimming Cast Iron 33 in. 4-Hole Double Bowl
Home Depot
KOHLER Bathroom Tresham 24 in. Pedestal Sink Basin in Sandbar K-2757-8-G9
Home Depot
Sterling 65020140 Round Drop In Bathroom Sink - 65020140-0
$64.80 | Hayneedle
KOHLER Shower Bases Ballast 60 in. x 32 in. Single Threshold Shower Base in
Home Depot