Searching for a Range Hood

1littleladybugJune 6, 2013

I am looking for a 36" Wall mounted Range Hood. We are a new build and I have already purchased a 36" pro style gas range top I would like to keep the hood around or under $1000. Please give me some suggestions. I am in a rural town and most people I speak with at our appliance centers do not know a lot about them.thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Madeline616

When you say wall-mounted, are you looking for a power pack that inserts up into custom made wood cabinetry, or are you looking for the whole hood?

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:52AM
ginny20

I'm in a decent sized metropolitan area and I wasn't able to find many hoods on display. I ordered my Kobe wall mounted/undercabinet hood from ventingdirect.com just based on the pictures and info online and recs on GW. It's great. There are sites with even better prices than ventingdirect. I would highly recommend Kobe. They are powerful, quiet, and well built, easy to clean, and most models can be adapted to a variety of vent widths. Kobe's customer service is also very helpful. The only warning I'd give about ordering a hood is that it's best to check it for dents at delivery before accepting it. I was able to open mine with the UPS guy there and it was fine.

There's a lot of info about hoods on the Appliances Forum.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 11:18AM
relsah

just recently purchased a kobe 36" rangehood. i'm still 2 weeks away from installation though. can't comment on the hood yet but the seller, ventingdirect.com is top notch

good luck on your search

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe RA0236SQB 36

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 2:00PM
Holly- Kay

My XO was just installed yesterday. I can't review it because it isn't hooked up yet. I believe the electrician will be in next week to hook some things up for me.

What I can comment on though is that the controls are in a great location and it will be easy to turn it on and off.

I don't care for the stainless finish on it as it is a very dull looking stainless. I will be looking for a stainless polish and I may consider taking it to have it powder coated at some point if I can't get the finish to look nicer.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 2:34PM
home4all6

WE went with Proline range hoods. It is not installed yet, but it looks great. WE got the 36" Bel-Air model.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline hoods

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 2:46PM
cathy725

I have a kobe also (a 30"). I purchased it on overstock.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 7:00PM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout help, please
Please forgive me, I am not sure if this post should...
kymberie
Please help me with my layout options. Again.
Hello! Several months ago I posted to get layout advice...
ainelane
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™