Ordered ruvati sink - now double guessing - HALP!

BarcelonagirlJune 20, 2013

Ordered this sink form overstock for our kitchen remodel - we are doing granite all new appliances - painting cabinets. Just a refresh.
Anyway onto the sink - here it is:

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Ruvati-16-gauge-Stainless-Steel- 34-inch-Double-Bowl-Undermount-Kitchen-Sink/7029821/product.html?fp=f& CID=212991&token=212991-2129912013062013717209662291358655821513509856 -1-094772

I don't have a prep sink so I thought I would not want a single. Now I am double guessing my decision because I am wondering how the sink will look mounted under my granite. Will the curved bigger sinking bug me because it is not symmetrical? Does anybody have this sink?

Also if I decide to return am I going to have to pay $$$$ to send back?

HALP I don't know what to do!

I do think functionality will be there - we are putting disposal on big side which will be great so I can have the right side (smaller sink) for clean stuff and veggies. But the looks? The looks have me worried.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

It looks like a nice looking sink. What did you like about it's looks before you ordered it? You'll have to pay return shipping to Overstock unless there is something wrong with the item.

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 10:04PM
Barcelonagirl

I was thinking practically - I had some concerns about asymmetry but brushed them aside - now of course I am fraking because I have to et granite cut to go with it!

It's 35 lbs so I would guess I would spend close to the $225 I paid on shipping :/

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 10:13PM
Barcelonagirl

I was thinking practically - I had some concerns about asymmetry but brushed them aside - now of course I am fraking because I have to et granite cut to go with it!

It's 35 lbs so I would guess I would spend close to the $225 I paid on shipping :/

Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 10:18PM
dennisforman

Are you worried it won't look good because one bowl is bigger than the other? This sink shape is quite popular. In fact if you search for "undermount sink" in Google Images, its the most common image you get. Here are some images to help you get an idea of what the sink will look once installed in granite. The extra space that you have behind the smaller bowl is where you put your faucet and soap dispenser.

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 3:04AM
dennisforman

additional image

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 3:06AM
dennisforman

one more

Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 3:07AM
More Discussions
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™