30 inch sink cabinet

TheSobersRenoingJune 8, 2013

One or two bowl sink?

I think the double bowl will be too small and not as convenient as one big one but DH insists double is the way to go...

Any input or opinions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raee_gw

I have had, and am getting again, a single bowl.
Since I have a dishwasher and really only use the sink for small jobs, I prefer a sink that I can put cookie sheets and large pans in all the way. In the past 20 years I just haven't missed a second bowl.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 9:11PM
nap101

Who spends the most time at the kitchen sink? I think that person should have the deciding vote.

Just my opinion.

If you do a search there's lots of discussions on this forum about the issue. Most prefer a large single. But it comes down to what works best for you.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 10:28PM
williamsem

Do they make doubles that small? I'm switching over to a large single bowl for flexibility. I think, after much reading here, that we will ove it. Won't know for another two weeks or so.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 11:16PM
annkh_nd

I have a double bowl now, and will put a double bowl offset in my new kitchen (link below). I'm having cabinets built, and the cabinet maker will measure the sink to make sure the sink cab is wide enough - if it isn't 30", it will be awfully close. I wanted a 30" sink base to maximize the storage on either side.

The large bowl in the new sink is larger than my current sink. The garbage disposal will be in the smaller one. We don't have a prep sink, and I want access to the disposal when there are dishes in the sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: sink

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 11:23PM
live_wire_oak

A standard double sink fits in a 36" sink cabinet. Each bowl is too small to fit a large baking pan flat. A 30" sink base can theoretically fit a 27" sink. I say theoretically, because that's not a standard size sink. A single 25" is a standard size sink. Single. If you split that size sink into two bowls, they'd be small bar sink size. Unusable.

So, if hubby insists on a double sink, you need a larger sink cabinet.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 11:29PM
More Discussions
Aditya Industries Stainless Steel Sink
Anyone ever heard of Aditya Industries as a supplier...
burbmomoftwo
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
Any reason not to do runnels in marble?
I'm still working on my sink and countertop decisions....
crl_
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™