Can I just complain?
I feel the need to vent.....
1. Cabinet guy told us in January that we would be without a kitchen for 2 weeks. It's been over 6 months. We do have partial use, but it is just not finished. Up side, we got the chance to redo island design to add warming drawer and microwave drawer.
2. American Range hybrid wall oven is holding us up anyway. We can't put island in until the ovens work correctly. Electric doesn't work at all and gas oven blows the doors open when it finally lights. I no longer use the ovens due to safety reasons.
3. I have too much time to wish for slabs. Ã°ÂÂÂ I can't install backsplash, island, or countertops anyway.
4. Wedding at our house in October. DD thinks it is so much easier to have it here. HA! She is doing all the dreaming, and I am doing all the doing. We also added landscaping work to our "to do" list. We had no plans to spend money on the outside. Money needs to go to the kitchen then windows then bathroom remodels.
5. This is the year I so brilliantly decided I was ready to quit teaching so I could go into administration. I decided in December and didn't know about the issues holding up my remodel. I haven't had any time to look for a job. I only have one more month to find a job.
6. I am just plain tired. Tired of waiting for contractors to show up. Tired of not sleeping. Tired of washing the dogs in the bathtub because I do not have the large sink installed yet. Tired of waiting for delivery drivers who tell me "we'll get there between 8:00and 5:00". They say if you are not there, it will cost you $250.00 to reschedule.
Enough said....but I don't feel better....just discouraged because I have no control and can't fix it.
Peke (Just like Eeyore would say, "thanks for noticing me."