Swag light over dining table

candfJune 8, 2012

I remember seeing a picture some time ago of someone who had a chandelier with a lamp hook and swag chain over their kitchen table so they would be able to center it. Does anyone have any pictures of how that would look?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catlover5

I don't have any pictures but many people have success using the search feature on the houzz web site or google images . . just in case no one posts a picture.

I don't know how to link a previous post but you can try searching this: Not Centering The Dining Table Under The Light Fixture? There are no pictures but people sharing their similar issue.

FWIW, I can't have the table in the center of the room myself since you have to walk through the DR to get into the kitchen but the light fixture is smack in the middle of the ceiling which I guess is really where it belongs. Whilst I would love some chandys, DH insists on ceiling fans because we don't have a/c. If I ever finish the kitchen, I want to do some work in the dining room and was thinking of a way to add a banquette (sp?). In that case I would probably do the swag thing to get the light (at that time I would insist on ditching the fan to get a chandy) over the table.

Good luck!

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 5:51AM
debrak_2008

Candf, I was hoping you would get some repsonses and I'm looking for these photos too. Maybe if this gets bumped up more will post with some photos/ideas.

catlover5, I also have the similiar dilemma. I might start another tread about this.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 10:14AM
MuleHouse

I have done that, putting the screw in hook over the table and draping the light chain over the hook to reposition the light. Can you have someone hold he light over the table so you can see the effect of the draped chain?

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 5:08PM
More Discussions
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
Ikea pantry options - what will work best?
I have a wall space between two french doors adjacent...
crcollins1_gw
How best to trick this space out as a pantry?
Hi all. I currently have a roomy walk-in pantry (4'...
jenmendel23
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Please help me decide on kitchen wall cab elevations
We have a 10 foot sloped ceiling (10 feet where the...
veroni2413
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™