sink choice: Black or cream/biscuit?

cateyanneJune 10, 2013

Ordering a new sink to go with new counter tops. Cabinets are cream/biscuit color with oil rubbed bronze hardware. Appliances are black. New counters are a black with small bits of bronze and charcoal. Was thinking the black sink would be too much black, and going with more of a match to the cabinets would bring out the cabinet color and break up the long expanse of black. I'm not sure though if that's a good look. I can't find pictures of that combo online. What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

A black kitchen sink will require a bit more maintenance than the lighter one, which could be one reason to choose the lighter.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 6:29PM
breezygirl

What type of sink material are you using? Any other dark sink material I've seen except silgranit will show every water spot. A friend put a black sink and toilet in her custom build. She complained about that sink and toilet until the day they sold the house.

Silgranit sinks are extremely low maintenance. The black silgranit, called anthracite, will a breeze to handle. If you want to break up the black, I would choose the metallic silver (like a light gray) or the newest color called cinder to pullout the charcoal specks in your counter. I would not match my sink to my cabinets.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 6:57PM
cateyanne

Had not thought of the metallic or gray. Stayed away from stainless appliances on purpose, but the charcoal is also visible in my tile border, so that may be the way to go, will check out the Sigranit. Thanks!

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 6:41AM
More Discussions
the cabinets are coming, the cabinets are coming...
some may recall the debacle with our cabinets. delivery...
lmgch
What size are trash pullouts?
I have had three different KDs suggest three diff size...
kelleg69
Help! Are rift cut, slab cabinets always veneer?
We got a sample of our door color for our slab, rift...
frogster
Faucet for kitchen remodel
I am having trouble finding the right faucet to go...
kathy6421
xenon light bars for under-cabinet
based on what I saw in the lighting showroom my electrician...
lmgch
Sponsored Products
Exte White Silver Vessel Sink
maestrobath
48" Palu Teak Console Vessel Sink Vanity
Signature Hardware
Supima Euro Sham
Grandin Road
Wassily Inspired Chair-Black - 100% Italian Leather
IFN Modern
Copeland Furniture | Catalina Desk with Keyboard Tray
YLiving.com