help replacing drawer pull with shank

kindra-scrapmomJune 6, 2013

I have some old brass drawer pulls to replace in my kitchen. My problem is that they have an extension that goes into the drilled hole and therefore the hole is larger than tthe standard screw size. Please see photo.

My questions: Does anyone know what the term is for this kind of pull or where I could find a replacement? If I cannot find a suitable replacement I am considering spray painting them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I had this issue with an old dresser I refinished. I ended up finding pulls that covered the existing holes, so I had to drill new holes for the new screws. You can see in the pic how the flat pieces on the ends cover the old holes. I never see the inside of the drawers, so no big deal. A cabinet door may be different since you would see the old holes. You could maybe fill them with something.

    Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 9:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

There are still some pulls out there that have a shank but they are few and far between. I just can't recall the company names.

    Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 10:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I will try spray painting the existing pulls and see how that goes.

    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 12:12PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
Feedback on cabinet insert prices
Our cabinet builder gave us the following prices for...
Trish Welham
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™