Kohler Karbon - flow questions

gwloloJune 28, 2013

The flow from my Kohler Karbon is not budging beyond a biggish trickle. I had the plumber out again today looking at it and he made sure there was no blockage and debris and still the flow is not better. I think someone (was it Oldbat?) got some part from Kohler to make the flow better. Can you tell what part to ask for from Kohler. Also more importantly, can you tell us how slow was the flow before and how much did it improve. That would be super helpful. DH and plumber think that we either have a total dud or the karbon thing is just a marketing hype :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldbat2be

Call Kohler and ask for the high flow valve. I seem to remember it comes with a low flow one. This did the trick for us and we're on well water (low flow anyway). For less than $20 you should be set.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 9:37PM
westsider40

I have the Karbon and yes, call Kohler, they are very responsive. If anything, my Karbon is a tad too forceful.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 10:03PM
oldbat2be

DH says its an aerator not a valve.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 10:08PM
texaspenny

When my Karbon was installed the water flow was 'limp'. I was so disappointed. My plumber took an hour and took the whole thing apart, took each section and blew into it. Finally I called Kohler while he was there and the last thing we hadn't checked was the last section with the spray button. They said to push the button in, take off the cover and check those parts. He blew into that and a tiny tiny piece of red plastic shot out. After that, everything was fine and the pressure was strong.

He also had taken the faucet off the base, put a cup over the hole and turned it on to make sure the water was coming out at pressure. That way we knew the water was coming at pressure but there was something in the faucet itself that was blocking it. Good luck! We love our Karbon.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Expand or Not to Expand… What would you do with this floorplan?
I’ve been following the kitchen forum and squirreling...
elle_orson
Odd Shaped Kitchen Remodel
I cross posted this in the Design Dilemma forum, but...
sdp123
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Largest flushmount sink for 36" cabinest
Can anyone point me to the largest flushmount sink...
akjr_gw
How big of a range do you need for 13+ feet of wall?
We are narrowing down our kitchen design bit by bit,...
veroni2413
Sponsored Products
Lindsey Satin Nickel One Light Down Mini Pendant
$190.00 | Bellacor
Modern Fan Company | Flow Ceiling Fan
YLiving.com
Casement Tub & Shower Set With Lever Handle
Signature Hardware
Americh Lana 7236 Tub (72" x 36" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
Herman Miller | Ardea™ Personal Light
$339.00 | YLighting