Grohe K7 pre-rinse or Dornbracht Profi Faucet

cndgrlJune 12, 2013

Hello all,
I have been lurking for weeks now and have gotten so much good information! I want a commercial style pre-rinse faucet and am now down to two. Does anyone have either the Grohe K7 pre-rinse ( with the coils and 1.75 gpm) or the Dornbracht Profi single lever mixing faucet ( 2.11 gpm as oppossed to their lower 1.5 gpm)?

Pro's and con's ? I need to decide soon as I have a leaky faucet and it needs to be replaced. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ck_squared

This is not the answer to your exact question, but you can't go wrong with Grohe. We've had a Grohe faucet almost 10 years without any problems. Love it so much, we'll be getting another Grohe for our remodel for the prep sink and will probably use the old faucet on the main sink (just decided this recently as it made no sense to spend another few hundred dollars on a new faucet when our old one works perfectly fine).

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 4:08PM
rococogurl

I've got the Dornbracht profi with the filler and seperate high arc sprayer. Are you speaking of the combined faucet that looks like the sprayer with the spring? The newest one?

I've been very pleased with my faucet and it's 9 years old. Looks new. The sprayer is terrific.

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 6:10PM
cndgrl

Hi rococgurl,
I love the "tara classic" which is the one I believe you are referring to. It is 1.5 gpm flow vs the single profi that I am looking at (2.1 gpm) . But I am glad to hear you love yours! Can you adjust water pressure intensity of the sprayer? (ie strong for cleaning and soft for veggies?) thank you!

Bookmark   June 12, 2013 at 10:55PM
rococogurl

I have the grandma of the faucet you're looking at so no, no adjustment on mine. Yes, it's the Tara plus the sprayer. Expect you know Dornbracht is the peak of high end -- Grohe has a fine rep but comparables are really mgs progetti, Triflow and Barber Wilsons. Mine has been a great investment as the cost has tripled since I bought it. It's their satin nickel finish.

Here's a snap of my sprayer stream just for reference.

This post was edited by rococogurl on Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 10:42

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 9:40AM
cndgrl

Well I went and ordered the profi ( alone without the faucet as it had more gallons per minute than the combined). I just loved the look of it over the grohe. Thank you for the pic. Now I have to wait 2 weeks to get it :)

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 2:55PM
rococogurl

Congrats! Post and show when you get it, please. We're about due for a case of major faucet-envy around here.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 6:13PM
rococogurl

@cndgrl -- pix yet?

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 7:01PM
More Discussions
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
How big of a range do you need for 13+ feet of wall?
We are narrowing down our kitchen design bit by bit,...
veroni2413
Looking for stainless steel sink recommendations
Hey GW - I am looking for a single bowl SS sink for...
swatyreno
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
xenon light bars for under-cabinet
based on what I saw in the lighting showroom my electrician...
lmgch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™