No sprayer?

darcyjo1210June 27, 2013

Has anyone out there chosen a wall mount faucet and opted to go without a sprayer? The more I think about it the more I wonder if it's really necessary to have a sink sprayer. If the faucet has a goose neck for filling tall pots/vases, and swivels to cover the sink pretty thoroughly for cleaning with a sponge then why do I need one? I realize it can make it easier to clean really heavy pots like dutch ovens, but I'm pretty sure I could manage without. I have looked at the Jaclo Steam Valve wall mount with the integrated sprayer (the only one I could find that didn't have a hose that hung down into the sink) but the price is a bit steep for us, and I worry that the connection where the spray and the hose meet would wear down after awhile. Anyone without a sprayer now having regrets?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patti43

I chose not to have the sprayer, but bought a faucet with a pull-out handle which works as a sprayer or a regular faucet by pressing a button. I mainly use the sprayer when I pull the faucet out to clean the sink. They're relatively inexpensive, too.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 1:50PM
LoPay

My current sprayer hasn't worked in years, and I don't miss it at all. I'm not putting one in the new kitchen.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 8:50AM
cathy725

I think it might depend on your sink. My old sink was small, and I never found myself really needing the sprayer. My new sink is larger and deeper and I find I use my sprayer quite often to spray down the debris from dirty dishes, crumbs, etc. Yes, I could use a sponge, but the sprayer is fast and easy.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 9:13AM
rococogurl

Would never, ever ever give up my sprayer or install a faucet without a sprayer feature.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 9:51AM
Linelle

Will you have a grid in your sink? If so, you'll need a sprayer to chase all the debris down the drain. I use mine all the time, would not be without one with a deep sink.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 10:12AM
Holly- Kay

I have to agree with Linelle. I love my pull down sprayer! I really don't care for a side sprayer as they seem to go wonky rather quickly.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 10:26AM
ginny20

I absolutely require a sprayer, if for nothing else than cleaning the sink itself. I use it all the time. But a pull-out or pull-down faucet is the way to go- one less hole to clean around, easier to use than a side sprayer. Can you get that in a wall mount?

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Help, my new white lacquer cabinets are peeling!
Hello, We reno'd our kitchen 1.5 years ago and installed...
cece1213
Colored Wine Glasses Truly Dishwasher Safe
We are looking for some nice wine glasses that are...
curmudgeon10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™