Never MT trouble

laurie26June 9, 2013

My new Nver MT doesn't work right! The first time you push down on the pump, soap comes out fine. Next time: wimpy, feels like it isn't getting a full pump. Wait 15 minutes and it works fine--but only on the first pump. We have a Delta dispenser and we're using Dawn Ultra. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

I have the opposite trouble....I have to pump 10 times to get anything....thanks for bringing this up...maybe both our problems will get solved!

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 1:51PM
cathy725

Did you just install it? Did you "prime" the soap dispenser tube before attaching it to the never mt tube? It sounds like air bubbles in the line.

Try taking the hard dispenser tube off the flexible never mt tube and priming the dispenser (insert into soap bottle and pump until it starts dispensing soap continuously). Then reattach to the never mt tube and pump until the never mt pumps continuously. (It will pump out the soap you "primed" in the hard tube, then you will have to pump a number of times where no soap will be dispensed until the soap starts flowing through the long tube. Pump several more times to insure a continuous flow of soap.

Hope that helps! I'm using softsoap not dawn, but I have 5 installed in my house and they are all working flawlessly. Also make sure the "short" part of the tube is connected to the dispenser and the "long" part (divided by the valve) is in the bottle of soap.

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 1:56PM
live_wire_oak

Make sure the soap isn't too thick. Most people thin it by 1/3 to 1/2 with water to make it easier to pump.

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 3:23PM
a2gemini

I remember reading - special installation instructions for Delta - did you follow the Delta specific info?

Mine works fine - Waterstone

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
Under cabinet mixer shelf
Does anyone have a built-in under cabinet mixer shelf...
ryseryse_2004
Kitchen Layout help... Need opinions.
I am about to start building my house... Very excited...
adrituerk
Very cool island sink with retractable faucet
Has anyone seen this Sink by Blanco? It is made to...
Dietitian
kitchen cabinets
I'm thinking about buying Mouser cabinets. Has anyone...
lmpotter
Backsplash 'Rules'/Design Principals for Cohesion
Hi all! Still no reveal and yes still searching for...
autumn.4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™